Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Life After A Cardiac Arrest - A Cyclist’s (Now Droner’s) Story

Simon Cooper

Join
Mar 21, 2018
An educational/health film that was made of my cardiac arrest incident, incorporating my own drone footage.​
The company responsible for the production used my DJI Spark “active tracking” drone footage because, on the day of the filming, it was bucketing down with rain. If this video is inappropriate for this forum please advise and I will remove it.​

To subscribe to my YouTube channel please click on www.youtube.com.au

Last edited:
Very moving story ...interesting for me because a good friend of mine had a similar incident...but unfortunately did not survive ..it's been nine years since his ride ..we continue riding and remember

What a story! Glad to know that you made it through and are here to tell it.

Reactions: Simon Cooper
Very sad Vanuchi. Apparently only 1 in 10 survive an out of hospital Cardiac Arrest. I’m one of the lucky 10%.
Good on you for honouring him with your rides.

Glad you came out of this ok.

We’ve had two people, in the last 3 years, in our club/group that had a cardiac arrest during their rides. After all over, and they’re both just fine now, they were SOOOOO lucky. Both of them had heart physicians or EMT personnel riding with them or right behind them. We are so glad they can still ride with us and we count everyone’s fortunate miles every ride.

les.warden, the intesting spin off from my incident was how many of my friends went out and enrolled in CPR courses. Can only be a good thing. Keep on riding, and safe travels.

Reactions: les.warden
It's interesting how many drone operators are also cyclists! For me, cycling IS like flying! You get that feeling of freedom when doing both things I think....Glad you made it through that ordeal Simon, and looks like you have a beautiful family, home, and life!!

It's interesting how many drone operators are also cyclists! For me, cycling IS like flying! You get that feeling of freedom when doing both things I think...

Exactly!!! Well, except when I’m on the trainer, then I use a fan [emoji1787], but I digress.
Safe spinning!

Reactions: mano

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex