Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Line up issues...

Gduk

Join
Aug 27, 2019
Maybe its my dexterity, but someti.e on a straight path whilst recording it is quite easy for the joystick to wander a bit, I want to make a removable guide, to stop joystick from going left and right, so it is fixed just to go forward, I also want to try a tiny dot on the screen, take a rule and join corners of my visible view screen, principaly a dot dead centre , should be able to place dot on where I would like to fly and with a joystick guide as mentioned get there without constantly retrying the ****, just a thought...

Are you a thumber or a pincher??

If you rest your thumbs on top of the joysticks like a gamer, there may be some drifting of the joystick because of the thumbs on top.

Some pilots have better control by pinching the joysticks with the thumb and finger.

A neck lanyard helps to keep the remote steady as you work the sticks.

I have seen a trick with a small piece of cardboard with a slit cut into it to stradle the left joystick to achieve better control when doing an orbit manually.

With the cardboard on the left stick it's possible to get a consistent roll by holding the cardboard under the left thumb while holding the remote and working the right stick to match the roll.

As for the dot on the screen, if I remember correctly, there's a camera setting in the Go4 app that allows a 9x9 grid to be overlaid the display and with optional diagonal lines running from the corners of the screen to the center.

Good luck. :)

Are you a thumber or a pincher??

If you rest your thumbs on top of the joysticks like a gamer, there may be some drifting of the joystick because of the thumbs on top.

Some pilots have better control by pinching the joysticks with the thumb and finger.

For those following Ken Heron, will see he also discourages people from "tumming". What makes "pinching" difficult for me is how do you control the camera up/down when pinching? I normally use my forefinger to control the gimble - what finger do you use when pinching?

For those following Ken Heron, will see he also discourages people from "tumming". What makes "pinching" difficult for me is how do you control the camera up/down when pinching? I normally use my forefinger to control the gimble - what finger do you use when pinching?

I haven't really thought about it. ?

Probably the middle, but it could be the ring finger.

It's tricky to pinch the sticks and work the gimbal at the same time.

Ken usually flies the phantom and the remote controller is much bigger than the Sparks remote. I'm not sure how he does it.

I do have the gimbal speed set low and I try to have a lite touch on the wheel.

I haven't really thought about it. ?

Probably the middle, but it could be the ring finger.

It's tricky to pinch the sticks and work the gimbal at the same time.

Ken usually flies the phantom and the remote controller is much bigger than the Sparks remote. I'm not sure how he does it.

I do have the gimbal speed set low and I try to have a lite touch on the wheel.
Thanks, I must practice with different fingers. Or switch to thumming while operating the gimbal. Must actually ask Ken.
Yes, I've set my gimbal speed very low as well - less than 10. Only problem with the speed so low, it that when using tripod mode, the gimble is impossibly slow!

Thanks, I must practice with different fingers. Or switch to thumming while operating the gimbal. Must actually ask Ken.
Yes, I've set my gimbal speed very low as well - less than 10. Only problem with the speed so low, it that when using tripod mode, the gimble is impossibly slow!
So true, I find that I have to change the gimble speed when switching to tripod mode. And back again if I get out of that mode.

I pinch, but yes, I sometimes go down when I yaw right and right when I go forward. I didn't used to 40 years ago when I flew R/C airplanes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme