Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi app.....

Litchi adds a whole new dimension to the Spark. It is well worth the price with any of the drones it's designed to work with. In addition to Waypoints, there is the Virtual Litchi Mission software (free) as mentioned earlier by [U]jrhoffman75.[/U] There, you can create missions and export to Google Earth Pro to watch what your Spark would do in 3D before you even fly the mission. There is also the Litchi Hub where people from all over the world share out their missions which you can download and use with your own drone. Litchi is mostly known for it's Waypoint feature but it also has other cool modes such as its "Focus Mode" which locks the Spark's camera onto a point of interest freeing you to fly around the object all the while collecting footage of your subject from a variety of angles. I use that mode quite a bit. The app also can be tied to Google Earth's topographic data so you not only see what height you set the drone at relative to the launch location but also how high it has to be throughout the entire mission over a variety of terrains. Last, and probably my favorite, it allows you to repeat exact flight paths at different times of the day or year in order to edit seamless flights that appear to travel through time and seasons as it flies. It's the best $20+ I've spent in a long time!

If your bird is less than a 12 months old (since activated) or you do have an active DJI Care Refresh deal.....then you are covered by warranty..
If any of the above states are true, pilots hesitate to try out 3.part apps.
Me, personally, wouldn't care... I can hardly remember any topic where the used app is responsible for a crash or fly away.
All 3.part apps, like Litchi, use a sdk from DJI..

Fly more!
Thanks for the explanation.

Reactions: jrhoffman75
Slightly off-topic, but an alternative to Litchi is Dronelink, which is free for hobby use. Interesting concept behind it. It uses the concept of Components. You build a mission by linking one or more components, like a path, orbit etc.

One can actually copy a complex mission from Repositories and use a copy/paste approach to put the mission on your map location.

I have no affiliation with the company.

You will void your warranty if your possible crash or mishap occurs when you are flying with software other than DJI Go4
Flying with 3rd party apps won't automatically void your warranty.

However, DJI might decide not to cover something under warranty (or at least not cover it 100%) if they cannot determine the cause of the failure. When using 3rd party apps, they won't have the DJI GO flight log to review. I realize most 3rd party apps also create some type of flight log, but DJI never seems to want to consider it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar