Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi Mission Hub Altitudes

FuzzyGrub

Join
Aug 26, 2018
As spring approaches and getting ready to return to flight, started to plan some test missions in Litchi. I watched a few videos, and was able to quickly develop some on the iPad. Then, I read, using Mission Hub, I can adjust elevation using "Online Elevation" in settings, and "Above Ground" under each waypoint. Both elevations from home and ground are displayed next to each waypoint. When I save to CSV file, under elevation column, all data is based on home. No adjustment for ground. I do not see any other columns that would be adding/subtracting an offset. What am I missing?

Are you using Litchi Virtual Mission? If you have LVM than the saved CSV file should open in Google Earth Pro? You can then check the data for each waypoint. I think you will see what you are looking for there. It is a great way to ensure you have set up the route correctly, both visually, with "Diagnostics" open, or when you close diagnostics and fly the route virtually to check your camera angles are exactly what you want.

I will have to try LVM. Thx wasn't aware of the app. I did look at the KML, and do see altitude change in the coordinates. I also found some forum threads that indicated the csv file just has the relative height.

I will have to try LVM. Thx wasn't aware of the app. I did look at the KML, and do see altitude change in the coordinates. I also found some forum threads that indicated the csv file just has the relative height.

I am sure you Googled LVM, but here is a link if you haven't gotten to it yet: Litchi Virtual Mission

Very useful program when planning flights since you see the 3D route, with changes in altitude. I've caught more than one error right off the bat when viewing diagnostics. If there are towers, high line wires, tall buildings, or high trees along the route you should see them as long as you fly the mission route with camera facing forward for the first route test. It is a good idea to fly this test initially, before adjusting the camera for points of interest (POI), particularly if you suspect possible hard objects along the route of flight. You should at least observe remnants of objects, so watch carefully. I've run a test this way deliberately trying to run through highline wires and tree tops and was able to see enough to know there was high chance of impact in real flight! As you observed with the KML, you can also click on each waypoint to confirm what you have with reference to the ground and mean sea level altitude (MSL).

After you set up all the POI's and initial camera angles, uncheck the diagnostics box (Google Earth), and fly the mission virtually, you can then double check all your camera angles to see if they are doing what you want. You can adjust speeds to fly the route in the time you have, particularly important with Spark! Obviously you have to go back to the Hub to make and save any changes.

I've flown some missions virtually 6 or 8 times before I finally get the speed and camera angle combinations I want. Not too much horizon, subjects (POI's) where I want them, and a reasonable time buffer to ensure safe completion. Then just go out and fly the mission. Hard to beat the combination of the Litchi Mission Hub and LVM for pre-planning and knowing what you have to get it right the first time you fly the mission. You have much more confidence it will fly the route in the time you computed, and if the RC loses contact with Spark, it will simply finish flying the route and come back to where you told it to end the flight.

TS

Reactions: Haggi
It seems like a very worth while tool. I'm in the baby step mode. First want to get confidence with Litchi with the spark, but then move to my phantom 3se. The se is "not supported" by litchi, but a number of pilots indicate that many/most of the waypoint features work. Finding the ones that don't may be interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef