Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi

Way points is enough for me! It's a nice add-on capability.

Reactions: AirCam
Well,

I think most of the other "modes" in Litchi arent groundbreaking like its ability ...willingness to provide waypoint fly options to the Baby Sparks.

I have not used it much but the Follow mode worked good for me...to a bit of trial and error setting all the possible settings. I found getting in a 10 acre open field and slowly adjusting each setting gave me a decent understanding of it.....The first time I tried it I changed every setting before actual launch...well...we wont try that again soon :0

If you use the Waypoint feature I can suggest a a companion App called Virtual Litchi Mission Viewer...I got the link to Version 2 in the Mavic Pilots section as best I remember. It allows you to playback your waypoint mission within Google Earth Pro...it is frighteningly realistic...it isnt exact to your mission fiew from the crafts camera....but closer. If you good for confirming your camera is pointing as you intended before you go out to fly.

Reactions: Danno and Haggi
Mission
Besides way points,what does litchi do better than dji 4?

Litchi links with Mission Hub. It's a web based mapping program that lets you pre-plan your flights (primarily used with waypoints).

Litchi also has a FPV viewer that splits the screen so you can fly with cheap virtual reality goggles that mimic the expensive DJI headset.

Litchi allows you to turn off bottom sensors which some pilots do to avoid issues with fog giving false elevation info.

Course Lock and Home Lock for sure. That's the reason I bought Litchi. Waypoint missions are great but there's no fun in uploading a pre-planned path into the drone and see it fly on its own. CL & HL however can help you take some fantastic cinematic shots. People who are not familiar with these features should watch this video.

Waypoints with Litchi on Spark is great, like getting a new drone. And of course you have course lock and home lock too, which you don't have on DJI GO 4. I also think that orbit works better on Litchi than on DJI GO 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef