Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lithium ion batteries

mike1960

Join
Jun 4, 2019
Flying on delta . What are the requirements. If any. Do I need to have the lithium ion batteries in lipo safe bags or not?
Flying in January and want to get what I need before hand.
Thanks for your advice

From what I've read in the past, the bags may draw attention.

I've also read that plastic bags and a piece of painters tape over the terminals would suffice.

Basically you are keeping the batteries separated so that the terminals can't come into contact with each other causing a short circuit and so they can't be accidentally activated, which is tough to do with a Spark battery with the start up procedure they have.

Here is Delta Airlines site about Litho Batteries.

Reactions: Andre Levite
I recently travelled a good bit with my spark and 3 batteries. All in the styrofoam case it shipped in in my carry on backpack No bags or anything- just the case. One battery in the spark. Never got a second glance through security.

Don’t put batteries in checked luggage as that will get yanked if noticed.

The airlines themselves don’t check carry on so tsa or other security is what you need to prepare for.

I just came back from Honolulu. Flew Hawaiian Air.
I packed in my backpack : The entire case with three batteries and spark, controller and the battery charger pack.
No problems with TSA

As others have said, TSA doesn’t care (unless you’re packing 18 extra batteries). Just flew coast to coast Delta/American, and my carry on w/ Spark went through security without a pause.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme