Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost Spark using Drone Harmony app

Mpienaar

Join
Aug 16, 2019
My Spark flew away yesterday while flying a mission using DH.
I have been using the trial version for the past month.

I flew +- 20 missions during the past month using this app and they all were very successful. As a result I gained a lot of confidence in the app, and was sending my spark on missions up to 3kms in the last week or so.
I was very happy with the results and purchased the basic version on Aug-14.

I flew 4 missions since the purchase and all were a disaster.
1st 2 missions the drone would fly off in the wrong direction and not follow the plan just hover a few 100m away then come back.
3rd one it completed half of mission then veered off again and returned.
Saw error message on app to effect that it was unable to update libraries.
I thought I found the problem and cleared the cache on my phone and DH said libraries were updated.

Took it on another mission. It flew off again +- 450m.
This time I pressed the RTH button on controller, but it had no effect.
Drone was facing away from me so I tried to turn it around, then I lost signal.
That was the last contact I had with it.
See flight log and last drone position I got from app.
The flight log makes no sense. It flew away much further than the 28m and 31s indicated while I had contact - could see video on phone screen.
The distance from takeoff point to last drone position is 1.1km which also does not make sense to me.
It was hovering 400-500m away from me for at least 4 minutes before I lost contact, why would it fly away from me when it lost contact?

Last drone position:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/25%C2 ... d28.398068

I would just like to understand what went wrong. The app worked so well and the Spark is perfect for the purpose I use it for, but I need to understand what went wrong after purchasing the app so I can avoid another disaster like this in future. I also have a Mavic pro2 and I planned to use it with this app as well. I will have to put those plans on hold until I know what the problem is.
I mailed DH with this, so far no response from them.

Attachments

• 2019-08-15_14-26-19_14-27.txt
    91.4 KB · Views: 11
I'm really sorry you had this experience, even moreso because I use Drone Harmony on my Spark too.

Has anyone here lost a spark flying with Litchi waypoint? I've flown over 80 missions using this software and it amazes me how dependable it has been even on missions where I lost contact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers