Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Low Clouds - September 22, 2018

UAV Forecast is just a tool. Weatherman cannot even correctly predict the weather. The Prince of the Power of the Air will change the elements without warning to bring disaster to you. As it causes great pleasure to him and to Raijin. Be warned!

UAV Forecast is just a tool. Weatherman cannot even correctly predict the weather. The Prince of the Power of the Air will change the elements without warning to bring disaster to you. As it causes great pleasure to him and to Raijin. Be warned!

I know it is a tool.
However as it is right now, the tool is stating greater winds than actual.
According to UAV Forecast, my DJI alarms for high wind should have been going off but they were not.
So, in fact, UAV Forecast is protecting.

Like some cars show they are moving at 100km/h when they are actually
moving at 95km/h.

I know it is a tool.
However as it is right now, the tool is stating greater winds than actual.
According to UAV Forecast, my DJI alarms for high wind should have been going off but they were not.
So, in fact, UAV Forecast is protecting.

Like some cars show they are moving at 100km/h when they are actually
moving at 95km/h.
Could be that the height of UAV Forecast was miscalibrated? I have found I can change the wind heights...

Checked it, and specifically set it for another windy flight that was submitted in this forum as "Tower of the Americas"

30mph at 750ft but no alarms.

And it should be fairly accurate seeing as we are having lots of windy surface weather.
It is quite evident from the low clouds it is going on up there too.

By all means I am not expecting for it to be accurate enough to "bet your life".
Just reporting my findings for the time.

Reactions: graywoulf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis