Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lunar And Solar Eclipse In The Same Day

Spark 317

Well known member with a Spark and a Mavic Air 2.
Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA
It had rained till mid afternoon and the sky cleared of all clouds to reveal a full moon rising in the east on a cool 45* F autumn evening.

I put the strobes on my Spark and decided to go for a night flight at a nearby cell tower.

The light on top of the pole is the full moon.

Lunar light.JPG

I continued to fly and practiced a few orbits with the few batteries I brought that evening.

I checked my sunrise / sunset app that shows the 3d trajectory of the moon as well.
The moon will set about the same time as sunrise the next day (today).

I got up this morning and went back to play some more.

Here is the lunar eclipse from this morning.

Lunar eclipse 1-3.JPG

Lunar eclipse 2-3.JPG

Lunar eclipse 3-3.JPG

And then about an hour later, the solar eclipse.

Solar eclipse 1-3.JPG

Solar eclipse 2-3.JPG

Solar eclipse 3-3.JPG

I also captured a lunar meteor traversing the sky. ?

Lunar meteor.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
You are a fantastic story teller @Spark 317 . Why don't you start a vlog style youtube channel?
Would be big hit I bet. We would love to watch your adventures with the Spark.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nilanjan118
Interesting camera work, Spark 317. Keep it coming. Btw, I could use some of that cool weather down here.

Thanks.

We have a frost warning this morning and the snow should show up next month.

Very cool Spark 317. Great and unique shots!

Thank you.

I was going to take a couple of pictures and go home, but my imagination plus five batteries got me to stay to try a few things.

Reactions: RotorWash
Surprised National Geographic haven’t been in touch yet! Perhaps they have? Brilliant shots, the benefits of running the video all the time you fly. Really unique stuff thanks for capturing.

Reactions: RotorWash
Surprised National Geographic haven’t been in touch yet! Perhaps they have? Brilliant shots, the benefits of running the video all the time you fly. Really unique stuff thanks for capturing.

Thank you.

Nope. No Nat Geo.
I haven't heard from Neil deGrasse Tyson yet either. :D

I do tend to record the video on every flight but all of the content above were regular pictures taken after maneuvering the Spark in position.

The Spark is a steady little camera. The wind was blowing about 15 mph and the Spark just hung around enjoying the view.:)

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Thank you.

Nope. No Nat Geo.
I haven't heard from Neil deGrasse Tyson yet either. :D

I do tend to record the video on every flight but all of the content above were regular pictures taken after maneuvering the Spark in position.

The Spark is a steady little camera. The wind was blowing about 15 mph and the Spark just hung around enjoying the view.:)
From what I’ve read about Neil he has a few other things on his mind right now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex