Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Map

Looking for video dealing with flying using the map
Not sure exactly what you're trying to learn, but YouTube has lots of Spark videos.

Newbie here. Looking for video dealing with flying using the map. Any thoughts?
Check out YouTubes on using the Litchi app if you are interested in flying on a programmed course on a map.

At this time I only fly close to me but I see videos of guys taking their spark out of sight and up to a mile away. My concern is flying it in the right direction when I cannot see it.
Hi there using the dji4 app you can see the radar on the left side of your screen the arrow tells which way your spark is facing just point the arrow towards you then fly back. Make sure height is high enough to avoid obstacles.

At this time I only fly close to me but I see videos of guys taking their spark out of sight and up to a mile away. My concern is flying it in the right direction when I cannot see it.

Even though we're supposed to keep the Spark VLOS, all of the telemetry is on the main screen to tell you the orientation of the Spark along with the distance and altitude.

I often spend time in the DJI go 4 simulator to brush up my skills and to study the gauges.

Spend some time in there and practice flying the Spark to a distance, and then study the information on the screen to see how it reacts to your input.

Bigger numbers = Spark going away.
Smaller numbers = Spark getting closer.

You can even practice the RTH and see how the operations of that work.

It's a good idea to remove the props on the Spark just in case it wants to launch as you have the Spark powered up when in the simulator.

You can fly from the comfort of your easy chair indoors. :)

Hi there using the dji4 app you can see the radar on the left side of your screen the arrow tells which way your spark is facing just point the arrow towards you then fly back. Make sure height is high enough to avoid obstacles.
Thank you

You make it sound so simple. I guess I was expecting a long “training process” before letting Spark leave your sight.

I don't let Phoebe leave my sight. Nor do I trust myself to see her very far away.

Thank you

You make it sound so simple. I guess I was expecting a long “training process” before letting Spark leave your sight.

Letting it go beyond VLOS is simple. I keep doing it inadvertently all the time. But to bring it safely back home can get tricky for beginners. Here are a few pointers which you may use.

1. Make sure home point and RTH altitude is properly set at the time of takeoff.
2. At the time of take off, look around your surroundings. Mark a landmark in your mind. It can be anything - a tall tree, a tower or a building. When the drone is far away beyond VLOS, try to orient the AC in a way so that the landmark can be seen in the live view. This way you will know which way home is.
3. As already explained above, use the Attitude indicator. Tap on the top-right of the map to activate the Attitude indicator. You will see a circle with an H marked on it. That's the home point. Orient the AC (push the left stick left or right) so that the arrow is pointing towards H. Make sure you are sufficient altitude to clear all obstacles on the way back home. Push the right stick forward.
The same can be done using the map view as well. It also shows the H and the arrow indicating the AC's orientation.
4. Use RTH. Leaving the very rare instance, RTH works perfectly and brings the AC home at the press of a button. Just make sure you strictly follow #1 above and you RTH altitude properly set to avoid all obstacles in the vicinity. The best thing about RTH is that it orients the AC to take the shortest path back home. So you can cancel RTH at any point and fly back using the right stick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena