Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Master airscrew release props for the Spark

I'm still not convinced. Some people saying dji can see the lower motor rpm these props run at vs dji props and use that to void warranty. Not that they will, just that they could if they wanted to. But that's just my paranoid opinion, I didn't even use a different than supplied USB charging cable until DJI tech support verified it wouldn't void my warranty.

I'm still not convinced. Some people saying dji can see the lower motor rpm these props run at vs dji props and use that to void warranty. Not that they will, just that they could if they wanted to. But that's just my paranoid opinion, I didn't even use a different than supplied USB charging cable until DJI tech support verified it wouldn't void my warranty.

Yeah I’d say you are paranoid. There are lots of companies that make after market products for thousands of different things. Lots of times the third party products are even better in some cases.

I don't know - a little lower pitch, same amplitude - pretty marginal gain...IMHO

Lower pitch but very little change in volume but lower notes I guess are little less screamy and must be less offensive to some and to me the big one is they don't fold. I read the company has been known for high quality for a long time. When they make folding ones call me back.

I might of said it in several other threads but I'm going to say it here. They have made flying the Spark so much more pleasant to fly.

OK, I just got back from vacation and my Master Airscrew props were waiting for me and tempting me to break my rule about flying in the rain. First, I did a little test hover in the garage with the dji props so I would have a very unscientific reference point. Installation of the new props was pretty simple. A couple of items I wish were different are:
1. I wish the props folded
2. the black props are boring. I wish I had spent a couple more dollars for one of the brighter colors.
I did a little test hover in the garage and was pretty unimpressed. The sound pitch is lower, but it is still pretty obnoxious to my ears.

Temptation got the best of me and I flew out of the garage to test stability and response with the new props. It had to check to be sure I wasn't in sport mode, because the Spark was noticeably peppier. It wasn't in sport mode. I put it in sport mode and took it up to about 300 feet and couldn't hear it after it got above about 50 feet agl. I did few spins to make a panorama. I brought the drone down to where I could hear it. That was about 35 feet agl. My Spark has had Super Patcher applied to it and all of the velocities are set to VERY aggressive values for sport mode. That boosted performance makes the Spark sound like a MUCH angrier hornet. From just above ground level, it took less than 10 seconds to get to 300 feet. Even with that mod, the Master Airscrew props made it a lot more difficult(or, for me, impossible) to hear the Spark at anything above 50 feet. I will do a lot more testing when it stops raining, but, so far, I am very pleased with my purchase and will be ordering more props in bright colors.

Interesting. I ordered a set of red ones two days
ago. If it really can help to reduce vibration for
photo long exposures, I'll give it a try...

Video review with decibel meter and sound range tests here:

Not much quieter at takeoff, but less whiney sound overall and sound travels less far from the drone. Will post more after further tests.

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit