Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mavic Mini has been shipped!

Having a mavic platinum and a Spark I decided to get the Mini drone which will be at the end of this month.

I will share any photos and videos I get to the forum if the weather is kind it's crxx here at the moment. Regards Irvine (Portsmouth UK)

Reactions: BGD and Spark 317
Hi guys,
My son, who is 14 years old, has finally saved up to by a MM. He's had only two toy drones so far. My question is: is it worth to buy the insurance (DJI Care Refresh) for it? I'll appreciate your insight!

Your mavic mini should be directly insured for the first year that's part of the offer from DJI

Reactions: BGD
I presume you've read the details of Mavic Mini Care Refresh costs and provisions. They say "We'll replace your product if an accident occurs as long as we receive your damaged device. Whether it's from water damage, collision or any other reason." which does give some peace of mind. You pay the initial $39.00 USD that entitles you to receive up to two replacements within one year at $40 for the first replacement and $49 for the second. As to whether that's reasonable for a $400/$500 drone is up to you.

I presume you've read the details of Mavic Mini Care Refresh costs and provisions. They say "We'll replace your product if an accident occurs as long as we receive your damaged device. Whether it's from water damage, collision or any other reason." which does give some peace of mind. You pay the initial $39.00 USD that entitles you to receive up to two replacements within one year at $40 for the first replacement and $49 for the second. As to whether that's reasonable for a $400/$500 drone is up to you.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I'm familiar with the details of the insurance. I know you're an experienced pilot, would you mind letting me know if you personally have insurance? My thinking is if experienced pilots have it, then an inexperienced one definitely needs one.

Alas, I'm not a very experienced pilot, but I read a lot :). I bought my Spark used from ebay back in August of this year, so I didn't have the option of buying Care Refresh. I do have a light touch on the controls and practice a lot of close quarter maneuvering. I don't put a high priority on speed or long distances, so I try to use guarded care as my insurance. Sorry I can't offer you more than that.

Alas, I'm not a very experienced pilot, but I read a lot :). I bought my Spark used from ebay back in August of this year, so I didn't have the option of buying Care Refresh. I do have a light touch on the controls and practice a lot of close quarter maneuvering. I don't put a high priority on speed or long distances, so I try to use guarded care as my insurance. Sorry I can't offer you more than that.
Thanks anyway!

Reactions: I B Spectre
The Mini feels very fragile to my opinion although some YouTube video shows it's quite robust. It's also very light which will give more problems flying in the wind. There is no obstacle detection. For me this was enough to go for the care refresh in this case. I didn't do this for the Spark or the mavic 2 zoom.

Reactions: Spark 317 and BGD
The Mini feels very fragile to my opinion although some YouTube video shows it's quite robust. It's also very light which will give more problems flying in the wind. There is no obstacle detection. For me this was enough to go for the care refresh in this case. I didn't do this for the Spark or the mavic 2 zoom.
I think you're right, thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef