Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mavic Mini officially leaked by the FCC

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
Per the FCC, here's the product label for the new Mavic Mini:

1570525890542.png

1570526999705.png

And here's the label for the remote controller:

1570526627562.png

1570526891471.png

This information came from the FCC documents posted here and here.

Last edited:
From what I've read before, it's about the size of the Spark with folding arms, 4k video, side & bottom sensors (don't remember if it had a top sensor) and a slightly larger battery.

Reactions: twickers14
A little longer, a little wider, a little shorter:

Mavic Mini 289.1mm H 244.5mm W 54.9mm H
Spark 143.0mm H 143.0mm W 55.0mm H

Mavic Mini label says Rated Input Voltage: DC7.2V from Battery
Spark label says Powered by lithium battery (11.4V 1480mAh)

Mavic Mini doesn't state battery capacity, but appears to operate on lower voltage which may equate to longer flight time.

You can bet this tidbit has caught a lot of attention. Thanks msinger!

I'm curious if the FAA & TC will amend the regs to include the mavic mini's weight category! Because of course the under 1lb means no registration or license required.

I'm curious if the FAA & TC will amend the regs to include the mavic mini's weight category! Because of course the under 1lb means no registration or license required.
You may be on to something there... however, with our relationship to China being not the best, hard to say how fast they might make those changes... in either country. Keeping in mind that .5 of a US pound is 226g you are quite correct, less rules!

Will it be out soon to rival the new skydio2?? Although it's not as as compact as a spark or mavic it does appear to have some impressive features

Another thing that I'd consider is the weight of the drone.... even though it would be nice to skirt all those registration things with a light weight, with more mass there is greater wind resistance, less chance of being blown away (at least a little less!). Not that our Sparks are much beefier than this propsed new thang, but where I live, we have some open space that wind likes to pass through frequently. I have erred on the side of caution many times when I probably could have taken the Spark up... dont want my money just flying away!

Reactions: twickers14
The Propellers are unique since they don't spin around a central shaft but rather the motor edges.
One potential deal breaker though for distant flights is that this would only support 5Ghz radio in the US.

it better be 4k better have 3 axis gimbal fold up and work like the mavic all for 500 dollars like the spark... im tired of these 1000 dollar price points for tiny drones and in general..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex