Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mavic Pro - $350 Off - Today Only

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
I like my Spark but I love my Mavic Pro. I got this deal alert and am passing it along:

New MP Bundle with Remote Control for $649

B&H Photo is a great vendor. That's where I bought my MP. And there was no sales tax (except for residents of NY state) .

Anybody tempted? ;)

FYI: this is NOT an affiliate link

Reactions: Spark9
You beat me to it. It just popped up for me too.

Screenshot_20190109-094205.png

14 hours from the time of this post, the deal is gone.

I like my Spark but I love my Mavic Pro. I got this deal alert and am passing it along:

New MP Bundle with Remote Control for $649

B&H Photo is a great vendor. That's where I bought my MP. And there was no sales tax (except for residents of NY state) .

Anybody tempted? ;)

FYI: this is NOT an affiliate link

Very tempted, but having just purchased the Spark within the last 3 weeks, it's really hard to justify. My whims are often, uh, whimsical and sometimes short in duration ... if I'm still flying the Spark regularly in 3 months I'll probably take the next step.

Very tempted, but having just purchased the Spark within the last 3 weeks, it's really hard to justify. My whims are often, uh, whimsical and sometimes short in duration ... if I'm still flying the Spark regularly in 3 months I'll probably take the next step.

Yep. It took me 4 months to upgrade from Spark to Mavic Pro.

The Spark's biggest advantage is palm takeoff and landing - especially if people nearby. The MP is quieter, better battery, better camera, more flight modes and much much faster.

Together they are a great combo.

Well you talked me into it. Just made the purchase extra batteries ready to rock ‘n’ roll fly and take pictures.

Test pilot,,, over and out!

Oh by the way, thank you Dodge Deboulet. That was some great scoop on that price my friend very much appreciated!

Test pilot,,, over and out!

I bought a Mavic Pro Fly More bundle for $749 (no tax or shipping fees) through Newegg just before Christmas, and it sits unboxed still! Too many things to do every day, and not enough daylight, but hopefully soon!

The deals keep popping up if you watch!

I bought a Mavic Pro Fly More bundle for $749 (no tax or shipping fees) through Newegg just before Christmas, and it sits unboxed still! Too many things to do every day, and not enough daylight, but hopefully soon!

The deals keep popping up if you watch!

It's possible that dealers such as B&H are dumping the Mavic Pro 1 at a loss because buyers are now moving towards the Mavic Pro 2. Is the Pro 2's Hasselblad camera really that much better than the Pro 1's? Like $700 - $800 better given the average selling price difference between the Pro 1 and the Pro 2?

It's possible that dealers such as B&H are dumping the Mavic Pro 1 at a loss because buyers are now moving towards the Mavic Pro 2. Is the Pro 2's Hasselblad camera really that much better than the Pro 1's? Like $700 - $800 better given the average selling price difference between the Pro 1 and the Pro 2?

It's really hard to justify the additional expense of the MP2 unless you are a professional or extremely passionate about aerial videography. The MP1 is still DJI's best selling drone -- and I'm sure they sell a ton more every time they briefly lower the price. They aren't "dumping" -- just maximizing their profits by manipulating the price.

BTW: With Mavic it seems like you are airborne forever...
My Spark x 3 batteries = 35 minutes flight
My MP1 x 3 batteries = 75 minutes flight

Big big difference

Reactions: Spark 317 and mano
It's really hard to justify the additional expense of the MP2 unless you are a professional or extremely passionate about aerial videography. The MP1 is still DJI's best selling drone -- and I'm sure they sell a ton more every time they briefly lower the price. They aren't "dumping" -- just maximizing their profits by manipulating the price.

BTW: With Mavic it seems like you are airborne forever...
My Spark x 3 batteries = 35 minutes flight
My MP1 x 3 batteries = 75 minutes flight

Big big difference

Thanks for your response. How does the MP1's camera compare to the rest of the Mavic line-up including the MP2? What are the primary reason or reasons that you think makes the MP1 DJI's best selling drone? Thanks again.

The compact folding design and futuristic feature set of the original Mavic Pro was nothing short of revolutionary when released in Fall 2016. Two years later and it's still rated higher that the late 2018 Parrot Anafi or Autel Evo.

For less than $1000 you can have everything the average consumer / hobbyist needs. I'm really struggling to come up with an argument for the added cost of the MP2 as a non-professional.

The original MP fixes just about every gripe you see on the Spark Forum. I'm only using Spark for quick fun stuff - the Mavic is hard to put down.

I got the Limited Edition Alpine White Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle for $799. No tax. Free shipping. INSANE

Reactions: mano
I’ve read that the Mavic Pro is so easy to fly, that’s it’s easier to fly than the spark and so on, but how is it easier to fly? Flying the spark seemed easy, you’re using the sticks on the remote, how much easier can it get? What’s the difference in flying a Mavic Pro than a spark that I read about?

I’ve read that the Mavic Pro is so easy to fly, that’s it’s easier to fly than the spark and so on, but how is it easier to fly? Flying the spark seemed easy, you’re using the sticks on the remote, how much easier can it get? What’s the difference in flying a Mavic Pro than a spark that I read about?

I wouldn't say that flying the Mavic Pro is any "easier" than flying the Spark. The only difference in control is that the joysticks have highly customizable settings in the DJI Go app.

But the MP is more enjoyable in several ways:
MP has over twice the battery life. With the Spark you have to start watching battery as soon as you take off.
MP is much faster. You can return home a great distance in a short time
MP has rock solid video feed. No poor connection warnings or dropped signal
MP has much farther range
MP has 3-axis gimbal so no stuttering on yaw maneuver

I was a little intimidated by the Mavic Pro at first. But by my third flight I was hooked.

Reactions: Sparksupersonic
Ty.
I intend to get another Spark eventually, but I’m ready to buy a pro. I might have bought one with the deal in the post last week if I’d seen it, but there are a few I’m considering on ebay, I just need to accept that I really want a better flyer and buy 1.

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme