Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Meet the UPS Flight Forward all-female drone flight crew!

H

Haye Kesteloo

Meet-the-UPS-Flight-Forward-all-female-drone-flight-crew-4.jpg

On September 27, 2019, UPS Flight Forward was the only company to date to receive FAA approval under Part 135 Standard to operate a drone airline business. Since then, we have learned of UPS’s plans to partner with CVS to deliver healthcare products and over-the-counter medications to residents by drone. That information came out soon after we learned of the partnership between FedEx, Wing Aviation, and Walgreens. Today, however, I would like to bring some attention to UPS’s all-female drone flight crew, consisting of Sherri Roberts, Candice McHargue, and Caroline Furse. Because the drone industry is dominated by men, that team might help to inspire the next generation of female drone pilots.

more…

The post Meet the UPS Flight Forward all-female drone flight crew! appeared first on DroneDJ.

Continue reading...

I think its great pioneers pave the way, try different directions before it seems viable to the rest of us.
Interesting, have they developed a new battery???
Because if not, with any payload, weight to thrust ratio, just as we all know these cannot stay in the air long at all.
Two deliveries, 4......
Does anyone think that a drone delivering a parcel at ground height will work, where, your garden, what about territorial dogs?
Not to mention advertising to all your new cell phone/tablet has arrived...
Deliver a $50 item in a 5k drone?
Hmm, how many wont come back.
Great PR, will never be a viable option in my opinion, or these people live in a crime free world, someone has watched too many sci-fi films.

Agreed. While there has been a lot of speculation that the giants of package delivery are elbowing their way forward at the expense of non-commercial drones, I have serious doubts that it will be as prolific as envisioned. Amazon/UPS/FedEx can load a van with maybe 50+ parcels of various sizes and send it out to numerous neighborhoods or businesses. I doubt delivery drones' payload capacities will be anywhere close to that and will be limited to small packages. They might be cost effective for specialized products/services, say lab samples transported between a hospital and lab facility, but otherwise it does not seem to me like a business model that will make traditional delivery methods obsolete.

Nice drone, I can already hear all the drone haters B***HING about this & some brain, dead idiot shooting one down.