Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Member Introduction

Join
Dec 29, 2018
Just wanted to say hello to all. I look forward to the fun, excitement and assistance this community will give me.

Little background on me; I'm 57 yo, male, 2 grown kids and retired Fire Officer, now working as a Security Officer EMT at a local college. Life long resident of New York State, about 2 hours north of NYC. I'm New to Drones, not to action photography tho, been a firefighter for 40 years, done some photo shooting at scenes. I'm also an avid railroad buff since my early days, so maybe try some rail fan shoots and who knows what else I might get into, I love to travel, love different scenery.

I am waiting to arrival of my DJI Spark Fly More package as I write this thread. I hope I chose the right color, I went with the Alpine White. I figure I can always put skin on it if I don't like the all White, maybe couple of reflective stripes to personalize it.

Anyone got any pointers, accessories I should look I to, pros/cons to alert me too, I'm open to listen. I'm here to listen, learn and when I might have something exciting to offer, provide it for your pleasure or reviews.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Billmarshall4163.

Thank You for your fire fighting service.

I thought meadow green would be easier to see in the air and laughed when I received it and realized they are all gray on the bottom.
I took a paper hole punch and made a bunch of dots from some D.O.T. reflective tape and put them all over the Spark and batteries should I lose it in the brush.
I did this after reading a story about somebody finding the Spark deep in the brush by the sun glistening off of the brass contacts of the battery.
Here is a thread on trackers that may be of interest.

Of course you'll have to register your Spark with the FAA. It cost $5 and takes 5 minutes. Most pilots put the number inside the Spark on the battery bulkhead with a label or a Sharpie pen.

I think one accessory every pilot has is the gimbal cover and/or a sunshade. The cover is great when transporting the Spark as the camera is delicate. I don't have a sun shade but it may cut the glare from the sun on certain shots. Research before you buy as some shades may interfere with the workings of the gimbal.

Additional batteries are nice to have.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme