Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Missing 90-year-old Marquette Co. woman found by drone

H

Haye Kesteloo

Missing-90-year-old-Marquette-Co.-woman-found-by-drone.jpg

A missing 90-year-old woman from Marquette County, Wisconsin was found with the help of a drone. According to a release by the Marquette County Sheriff’s Office, the drone was equipped with a FLIR Thermal imaging camera. The missing woman suffers from dementia. She was found by the drone.

more…

The post Missing 90-year-old Marquette Co. woman found by drone appeared first on DroneDJ.

Continue reading...

We need more good news stories like this one! I am aiming for the MTZ as my next drone, but have been eyeing up the Enterprise mavic that has the dual technology... but, way out of my price range! Very cool tech. I've see the larger drones, Matrice, etc with this, but in the Mavic 2 format, its pretty portable by comparison.

Reactions: RotorWash
Civilian drones have never caused a fatality but have already saved hundreds of human and animal lives. Why are they so maligned?
I agree Hotwire. When I first got started with drones I was quite surprised to learn of the negativity towards them. Privacy and safety are the two main reasons often cited but like you said, statistically that doesn't justify the anger/fear out there. I think part of what is going on is related to social media video as it takes only a very few doing something stupid and sharing it online to make it look like all hell is breaking loose to the general public who are pretty ignorant about drones to start with.

From there the main stream media jumps in to stoke the coals of fear every chance it gets as they know that fear always sells. That said, I’ve read a number of rescue stories over the past year, maybe the tide is turning a little and with all the new regulations and some talk of it in the news maybe the MSM will pick on something else for awhile.

Reactions: Hotwire

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh