Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My attempt at hand gestures haha

I tried it once and the Spark flew right past me.

I had know idea where it was going and apparently it didn't ether.

Hit pause, gave my Spark a one finger salute, and that was about it for gesture modes for me.

Thanks for sharing. ?

I tried it once and the Spark flew right past me.

I had know idea where it was going and apparently it didn't ether.

Hit pause, gave my Spark a one finger salute, and that was about it for gesture modes for me.

Thanks for sharing. ?
I thought I was going to let the battery just run dry. No controller or phone to pause it.

It's pretty cool when it works, though. I need to practice gestures more - I tried it when I first got mine a couple years ago and had success about 50% of the time. I think contrast and good lighting are key for the sensor.
That's why I kept moving to different spots and trying to be more visible but it had a mind of it's own.?

Reactions: Chipchop
The last time I tried doing hand gestures I think my neighbors recorded it and used the footage for their entertainment. The next day they asked who was trying to fly, me or the drone! :rolleyes: :)
That's funny. In the video you can see my neighbors walking down their driveway heading for a walk. He asked me later what I was doing. Said I looked a little odd.? Hadn't seen me with the spark before. Said it seemed a little small. He had only seen the phantoms.?

Now that was a laugh. Now that I realize it’s pretty flakey I’ll probably practice before trying to show it off to my wife for vacation vids and pics lol

Reactions: Spark^
Now that was a laugh. Now that I realize it’s pretty flakey I’ll probably practice before trying to show it off to my wife for vacation vids and pics lol
That's probably a pretty good idea. Red faced if I had been doing a spark show for the friends.?

My spark came this weekend. I had to leave it boxed so my wife wouldn't think it was a mothers day present. Not that I wouldn't get her one but I would n't want her frustrated by it. She has zero patience for anything. SnapChat is almost too slow for her at times.

Reading the manual it appears not moving until it has started to hover and the lights turning green is very important. looks like it has no tracking until it is back at it's set point then it must rescan for someone standing there in a brown jacket. I might try mine out tomorrow in a clearing we have.

Last edited:
My spark came this weekend. I had to leave it boxed so my wife wouldn't think it was a mothers day present. Not that I wouldn't get her one but I would n't want her frustrated by it. She has zero patience for anything. SnapChat is almost too slow for her at times.
? I always have a few things for my wife stuck aside so when she sees me coming up the driveway with a package I go to the garage and then into the house with something for her..my package still in the garage. ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis