Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My Bad Luck

i know just what you are feeling . living in Staten Island , New York . for the last few summer's when POTUS is in town ( NYC ) and when POTUS go to one of his golf getaways in Bedminster , New Jersey , less than 30 NM from Staten Island we are in a NFZ , most of the time on POTUS week- ends sometimes the entire week or ten days and last summer when the UNITED NATIONS ASSEMBLY was in NYC for two weeks , and then it rained almost every weekend , it was a bad summer to say the least .
the up part of the POTUS NFZ is that the AMA asked the RC flying clubs outside of the NFZ to let the affected AMA clubs fly at their AMA sanction flying field . and the clubs gave us permission to use their field . thank you AMA and all the NEW JERSEY clubs for their hospitality and helping us out .
fly safe

Reactions: Spark 317
Been sitting on the sidelines for a number of months looking at the great posts. Have no real good flight videos to post, still in beginner mode. Was going to do a flight this morning when I saw the NFZ post. I live in Boca, so I guess I am down and out for the weekend. Thank you for that info.

Really want to fly? Get NLD and disable NFZ. Without this, I could never fly my drone not even in a hover in my front yard.

No. I don't really want to fly if it means violating federal law intended to protect the U.S. President.

I can wait a few days and fly legally. I hope you were joking

Reactions: nilanjan118
I did forgo flying, can wait a few days, weather is not and issue most of the time. Still in beginner mode which I think limits my altitude to about 100 feet. Probably not a problem for real aircraft. Thanks for the input.

Been sitting on the sidelines for a number of months looking at the great posts. Have no real good flight videos to post, still in beginner mode. Was going to do a flight this morning when I saw the NFZ post. I live in Boca, so I guess I am down and out for the weekend. Thank you for that info.
hi
if you join the AMA they will send you a NOTAM ( notice to all airman ) by email when POTUS is in your NFZ ( 30 NM ) .
fly safe

3rd day of Spring brings the best flying conditions this year...

View attachment 9279

On the same day POTUS is in town...

View attachment 9280
3rd day of Spring brings the best flying conditions this year...

View attachment 9279

On the same day POTUS is in town...

View attachment 9280
Hi Andre. Looking at the link at the bottom of your post and specifically the Penivo coloured shell covers that are replaced simply by “removing the 6 screws”. I only have 4 underneath where the battery fits. Is my Spark perhaps too old or am I missing something? PS we’re Good To Fly too so will be out later.

Hi Andre. Looking at the link at the bottom of your post and specifically the Penivo coloured shell covers that are replaced simply by “removing the 6 screws”. I only have 4 underneath where the battery fits. Is my Spark perhaps too old or am I missing something? PS we’re Good To Fly too so will be out later.

There are actually SIX screws that hold the top cover on the Spark. You found the four in the battery compartment easy enough. But if you look very closely you will find the other 2 screws near the very front on either side of the gimbal. They are tiny and recessed. You need a fairly long 1.5 Allen wrench to remove them. To get at them you may need to gently hold the camera aside. They are soft metal and easily stripped so take care.

This video makes it look easy...
DJI Spark Tear Down

There are actually SIX screws that hold the top cover on the Spark. You found the four in the battery compartment easy enough. But if you look very closely you will find the other 2 screws near the very front on either side of the gimbal. They are tiny and recessed. You need a fairly long 1.5 Allen wrench to remove them. To get at them you may need to gently hold the camera aside. They are soft metal and easily stripped so take care.

This video makes it look easy...
DJI Spark Tear Down
Ugh! See where you mean. Not sure I’ll try that it looks v fiddly and I am not the best DIYer so would probably lose one of the ones by the gimbal into the mechanism there. Thanks for the answer though.

Reactions: Andre Levite
hi
if you join the AMA they will send you a NOTAM ( notice to all airman ) by email when POTUS is in your NFZ ( 30 NM ) .
fly safe
I joined the AMA back in 1952 to fly control line aircraft, think i'm still listed. (HA-HA)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh