Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

my camera gimbal does not want to pitch , and iam on holiday

karl

Join
Dec 23, 2018
my dji spark camera gimbal does not want to pitch downward or upwards in the wrong posible timing. im on holiday and i would really like to try find a way to fix this issue before i leave. the app is telling me gimbal overloaded but when i checked there is absolutely nothing, i even took a bicycle pump and pumped fromabout 10 cm away and hope something hidden may come out but no luck, please someone help me.

Does the barrel in which the camera is mounted rotate up/down easily by hand when your Spark is turned off? If yes, there's probably not much you can do but send it in for repair. If it doesn't rotate, then there's something jammed in there that you may be able to remove, like grit.

Reactions: Andre Levite
By using a bicycle pump, I'm assuming you were trying to blow air? Go to a local store that carries office supplies and buy a can of compressed air. Use the straw to focus a stream of air on the gimbal. Try and carefully blow around the gimbal. Start from far away so you understand how much air will be blown through that straw.

1547215325585.png.

my dji spark camera gimbal does not want to pitch downward or upwards in the wrong posible timing. im on holiday and i would really like to try find a way to fix this issue before i leave. the app is telling me gimbal overloaded but when i checked there is absolutely nothing, i even took a bicycle pump and pumped fromabout 10 cm away and hope something hidden may come out but no luck, please someone help me.

If you have a polarizing or ND filter attached -- remove it. The extra weight can cause those gimbal errors.

Be cautious with the compressed air because it can push any debris even further into the mechanism. And the wind force alone can damage an unsupported gimbal.

As stated earlier -- the gimbal should be moveable without friction when drone is off. Be gentle

Since you are travelling I'm concerned the gimbal could have been damaged in transit.

If you have a polarizing or ND filter attached -- remove it. The extra weight can cause those gimbal errors.

Be cautious with the compressed air because it can push any debris even further into the mechanism. And the wind force alone can damage an unsupported gimbal.

As stated earlier -- the gimbal should be moveable without friction when drone is off. Be gentle

Since you are travelling I'm concerned the gimbal could have been damaged in transit.
I do not have any filter and the pitch module does seem to move freely. When I was in transit put it in the same way it came but it still could be a possibility it was damaged in transit. Would you may know what may be the problem so I could take it to a repair guy to try fix it because I would be on holiday for quite some time. Is there a motor that contrls pitch because may be the motor may have something stuck in the gears.

By using a bicycle pump, I'm assuming you were trying to blow air? Go to a local store that carries office supplies and buy a can of compressed air. Use the straw to focus a stream of air on the gimbal. Try and carefully blow around the gimbal. Start from far away so you understand how much air will be blown through that straw.

View attachment 8282.
Thanks, I went out searching for this but I am in Tanzania and unfortunately they don't sell such but I am really grateful for the reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme