Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My experience selling on spark pilots

SparkSS

Join
Oct 11, 2017
Before I jump into this and I won’t make it long as most of you know my experience here. From what I see this is a tightnit community here and it’s great!

Long story short: I sold my spark on here to a guy on this forum. Sent him numerous pictures of my drone and it’s excellent condition. So he decided to buy, great! A week after he gets it says the drone doesn’t not work and won’t calibrate the imu. Files a claim after I try and troubleshoot him once and it doesn’t work and escalated this transaction to a dispute. 2 months later I receive the drone which shows signs of use that I did not have when I sent it. PayPal sides with him and I try to appeal only cause I take the spark out of the box and boom a light cover underneath the drone pops off. Again try to appeal and PayPal yet sides with him after proving its broke. He posted numerous times to trade my spark for a macic and then posts a thread after having my drone titles spark or mavic basically a which to buy thread. I believe he had buyers remorse and flew my drone admitted to messing with the software and I got this back. Well after a quick imu calibration on my part it flies. I’ve included a video.

I look forward to further testing of this and being apart of the community again. I’m not going thru the trouble of listing this again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lightbg
I read it all you got screwed sounds like he is a used car salesman . If PayPal could not see that he was trying to trade it then they’re idiots too. At least you got it back in it WORKS!!! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SparkSS
Unfortunately, I had a similar case via eBay, the buyer stated that he never got the package, filed a claim, I showed proof that it reached the post office, they sided with him, after the case was closed, and the money was refunded to him, he replies to me, and says "Oh just wanted to let you know I got it, it was in some corner" So since the case was closed there was nothing I could do about it

I read it all you got screwed sounds like he is a used car salesman . If PayPal could not see that he was trying to trade it then they’re idiots too. At least you got it back in it WORKS!!! LOL

The proof is in the pudding. I was pretty mad about this, not cause of the money but because he messed with the software (admitted) and appeared to fly it and claimed it didn't work and abused the system. Sad to this see behavior from a 51 year old man. Im over it just a warning to all future transactions with him.

Unfortunately, I had a similar case via eBay, the buyer stated that he never got the package, filed a claim, I showed proof that it reached the post office, they sided with him, after the case was closed, and the money was refunded to him, he replies to me, and says "Oh just wanted to let you know I got it, it was in some corner" So since the case was closed there was nothing I could do about it

That's a **** shame... You sure you didn't sell it to him lol

I’ve had so many friends get screwed by buying and selling stuff over the Internet .I myself would never buy anything used on the Internet. Unless I seen it in person before the sale . Is always two sides of a story and then the truth and PayPal probably has thousands of these claims every day . I hope things work out for you my friend. I can definitely understand your frustration lesson learned Bro

I remember this happening, and the nerve of that guy as he tried to swap it for another drone after claiming it didn’t work.

I haven’t seen him post since.

I’m glad you got it back, and I’m glad it still works.

I’ve had so many friends get screwed by buying and selling stuff over the Internet .I myself would never buy anything used on the Internet. Unless I seen it in person before the sale . Is always two sides of a story and then the truth and PayPal probably has thousands of these claims every day . I hope things work out for you my friend. I can definitely understand your frustration lesson learned Bro

I used to be into the car scene buying and selling back in the day never once had a problem. 10 years with paypal and not a single dispute. Its a shame they don't have your back for loyal customers. Im currently seeking other avenues for forms of payment for purchases like this online.

I remember this happening, and the nerve of that guy as he tried to swap it for another drone after claiming it didn’t work.

I haven’t seen him post since.

I’m glad you got it back, and I’m glad it still works.

Its funny that he wouldn't think I could put two and two together. Im glad it works ill post up the light cover issue and see if I can fix that.

People work in funny ways.

Thanks for the support guys

I know a couple of people that sold Mavics and Phantoms on ebay and the buyer complained it was faulty and of course every buyer got their $$$ back. One guy got his Mavic back completely wrecked and paypal sided with the buyer like always. I was lucky to get one of those Micro Center $399 white combo Sparks and it is still sealed. don't know if I will sell it or give it to my nephew but if I sell it I will only do Amazon gift card as it is still sealed and I have the receipt from Micro Center. But I wouldn't sell a drone via Paypal just because of issues like what the OP described.

Sorry to hear about your issue selling. I have added a new thread as a sticky (that I thought I already had here). It wouldn't have changed your outcome but it is good knowledge to have. Unfortunately, when selling over the internet there is an inherent risk for both the seller & the buyer. As many of you know, Pay-Pal will always side with the buyer. Since PP implemented this policy I rarely sell items online anymore unless it is a small dollar item that I can afford to lose if it all goes south. One other thing is if you are buying and the seller will only allow PP as a family & friends transaction (instead of a merchandise sale) there is little recourse for buyers. I hope everyone that reads your story will learn about the pitfalls of selling online. At least you got the item back in working condition.

Here is the thread I made - Buyer (& Seller) Beware - Caveat Emptor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers