Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My experience with the OTG.

AR15Keef

Join
Dec 2, 2018
Loc
Miami
I know that this topic has been beat to death but just thought I’d share. I fly in a VERY urban environment most of the time so I am limited on height and distance since I try to maintain line of sight. I flew yesterday using WiFi and my feed became very choppy. I decided to try my new OTG cable with my iPhone XS. I went further than the WiFi flight and the feed was still very smooth. I am running the current firmware and latest GO 4 app. When I took the Spark to my buddies house which is more out in the open the WiFi worked ALMOST as good as the cable, but I could still notice a difference. Also, FWIW, I just turned off Bluetooth and WiFi, I didn’t go into airplane mode. My map worked just fine and I was able to go further.

Reactions: Cotts100 and Daniet
I know that this topic has been beat to death but just thought I’d share. I fly in a VERY urban environment most of the time so I am limited on height and distance since I try to maintain line of sight. I flew yesterday using WiFi and my feed became very choppy. I decided to try my new OTG cable with my iPhone XS. I went further than the WiFi flight and the feed was still very smooth. I am running the current firmware and latest GO 4 app. When I took the Spark to my buddies house which is more out in the open the WiFi worked ALMOST as good as the cable, but I could still notice a difference. Also, FWIW, I just turned off Bluetooth and WiFi, I didn’t go into airplane mode. My map worked just fine and I was able to go further.
Thanks 4 ShareThis .... I tought that OTG in urban spaces improves the link between drone and rc

I'm using the OTG cable all the time, EVEN using Litchi. With absolutely 100% performance - I've never had any problems. Android Galaxy S8 +.

I'm using the OTG cable all the time, EVEN using Litchi. With absolutely 100% performance - I've never had any problems. Android Galaxy S8 +.
What version of Litchi are you using? According to the Litchi web site OTG for the Spark is not supported

I fly in York and with WiFi at 200m+ it's almost unflyable without line of sight. I can push 2000m+ with OTG.

I won’t fly without an otg cable... litchi works absolutely fine & I get the same message when I connect the Go4 App or Litchi. The only problems I have are from **** birds! My first waypoint mission with Litchi & I had a Hawk attack my drone. I was mid-mission & couldn’t regain control of the drone as fast as I would have liked... I had to pull the otg & dump Litchi open the Go4 App & **** my pants as the hawk almost grabbed the drone!!! Pretty scary stuff!! What’s even crazier is when I got the Go4 App open it was running a waypoint mission set as a Mavic Air!!!! So Litchi must trick the Go4 App to think it’s running a more advanced drone or something...

The only problems I have are from **** birds!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Sparkicus.

I fly with the prop guards on just for the birds.

1) Easier to see the Spark during the flight.
2) Since it appears larger, birds may be intimidated and avoid it.
3) If the bird does come in contact, it may not hit the props.

I don't have Litchi but I think if you flip to Sport mode it will cancel the flight and you have control, if within range.

Sport Mode is your friend when you want to get moving away from a scenario.
Just flip it and get it.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

I'm over trying to get OTG cable to work with my S7. Sometimes it will, mostly it won't. Worlds worst crap shoot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast