Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first from 225 feet

Poletramp

Join
Jun 24, 2018
First time i take my Spark up this high , was to scared to move it once i got it up there so just brought it strait down. Is there any kind of trailer that i could attach to my Spark to make it more visible that would be safe to fly with.Notre Maison-4.jpg

First time i take my Spark up this high , was to scared to move it once i got it up there so just brought it strait down. Is there any kind of trailer that i could attach to my Spark to make it more visible that would be safe to fly with.View attachment 5571

Anything attached will get caught in the propellers.
Just take the time to get used to seeing things on the view screen and figure where it is based on that.
Plus, there are other tools on the DJI GO 4 app to assist.
Like a directional "radar", altitude, distance from home and if you have mobile data connection, you also have a map you can view - both regular and satellite.

Just take it to where you are comfortable, get used to it and on the next flight, add 25ft or so.
Add again and again and again.

Next thing you know you will be at 400 :D

Will do thanks , i have the green model maybe if i get a lime green skin it would help me see it better.

Reactions: pmshop
There are some strobe lights you an attach.... mentioned a few times in this forum.... I know the fear of that first high fly. it's better not to do it straight overhead if you can. easier to see, and the RC is going to have a better connection. So well done getting up there!

STROBON Cree LED Strobe Light - Phantom Help

Reactions: pmshop
The R.A.F.( U.K.) found out ( the hard way? ) That the best colour was-- Matt black! So now the trainer aircraft are this colour.

79F86EB3-944D-4B70-B6DC-6499E1F956DD.jpeg I had a very similar experience today, 120m (400ft) directly over my head. There was a nice cloud above so I had no problem seeing the tiny X that was Tic Tac in the atmosphere. Spun around, moved the gimbal, took 1 photo, & got my spark closer to Earth.

Reactions: Poletramp
You can use the prop guards. The spinning propellers become invisible to the eye, so all you can see against the sky is the body and arms generating the x-shape. The prop guards though tiny on itself increase that shape significantly.
Plus they have the advantage you can fly your drone into objects with a high chance neither your Spark nor the object you’ve hit got any damage which will definitely be the result if you crash without prop guards.

A few years ago, I bought one of these LED lights for attaching to one of my toy quadcopters to help me with knowing where the front of the quad was when flying short distances. It is rechargeable and I attached it with velcro. It is intended for using with a mobile phone for additional lighting. It is very bright and easy to see in the daytime and they are cheap. You could easily attach one underneath your Spark to easily see it when flying higher. It also is very light so it should not affect the flight time of your Spark.

Portable Rechargeable Mini 16 LED Selfie Flash Light Camera for Cellphone A4 | eBay

Attachments

• FrankenSpider with Lights.jpg
    FrankenSpider with Lights.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 46
You're definitely not seeing it that high up, and doubtful the airline pilot either, who sucks it into an engine on approach... :eek: Just cuz it can does not mean it should... Just sayin... I fly a fair bit for work... Like coming home.:D

Very true.
But sometimes you just have to because you know what is up there for you to see...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex