Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My home beach is mostly a no fly zone, so I biked around to see where I could fly.

chargerider

Join
Jun 9, 2022
Im a complete beginner and this forum gave me a lot of help with the drone and charging issues.
I live next to Englands longest sand dune beach, but most of it is a military no fly zone.
So I tested the edges with my efatbike, the vid is about the bike as well, but I managed a few first flights.
Loving the spark.

Nicely combined footage :)

Do you know where your ebike was manufactured ?
Most likely China, but just curious as those were pretty big failures.
I supposed riding hard and around sand can contribute.

Been thinking about a basic offroad ebike for the wife, so she can mountain bike with me.
Her health means not too strenuous activity*, but I'd love her to be able to join me off road on some easier trails, the ebike would greatly assist her.

(* walking faster than me in shopping centres seems no trouble at all !!)

The cost of them though !!
Found some online ex China direct, can even buy singles, but the cost !
Still better than the 2 x or more in bike shops here.

The Spark is so so good still for such activities, for what it is it takes such good video and photos, even compared to more recent DJI offerings.
Shame it's no longer supported with certain components etc, they will eventually die off a slow death in the drone world.
Could be some years in mine yet though :)

I built it myself, which says it all.
My own fault as its just a load of cheap chinese parts I had and threw them together, the chain was ancient and the brake was modified to fit.
Not well enough 😛

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
I built it myself, which says it all.
My own fault as its just a load of cheap chinese parts I had and threw them together, the chain was ancient and the brake was modified to fit.
Not well enough 😛

Ah, sometimes that can be better than you can buy, from the small amount of the overall bike in the video, it looked like a nice build.

Meant to comment on the tidal flats there too.
That's a huge flat area and seeing the tide racing in, easy to get caught.

We have some here around the country similar, but those must be about as extensive as you would find, I'm sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex