Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My Spark Disconnected From The App and is gone forever

DroneDogDom

Join
May 1, 2018
Hi,
I've seen some nightmare posts on here before and today was my nightmare. I hadn't flown my Spark in a few weeks and when I did at first the compass malfunctioned. I calibrated it and the spark started working again. After flying nearby for a battery charge I put in a new battery and took off again.
I then started flying it over the San Francisco Bay and suddenly I lost all connection to the drone. I looked at my controller to see what was up and noticed it was not connected (light was red). By the time I looked up the drone was nowhere to be found.
The drone never returned home and now I assume it's swimming with the fishes. What can I do to show DJI it is not my fault?
This is the first time I had flown since the most recent app update and I approved DJI tracking my GPS data. I was connected my wifi on an up to date iPhone 7 and using the controller. I have flown these same flight paths before without issue.
I am pretty upset, but willing to hold on judgement before I get a response from them. Any advice or help is appreciated.
Thanks!1527732408755.jpg

The flight logs get stored in your phone or tablet. You can send them to DJI and they will assess if the problem was due to a malfunction.
If it's clear the problem was with the aircraft, DJI will likely offer you a deal based on the age of your Spark and what happened.

Reactions: shegeek72
I am on my 4th Spark replacement. The folks at the Best Buy where we are currently vacationing. have been very gracious to me. I am not flyingg the fly combo any longer. I havee the unit batteries I bought and tthe free femote. The first 3 all did the samme thing, they would not bind or showed very lagging pictures on my mini 4. I was 2500 ft out over a lake and the last one just froze. Nothing would move it. Finally aa RTH got it back andd back to Best Buy I went. DJI was worthless. Thhey asked 3 questions and said I had to sent it to them.. He did not answer any of my questions. Jusst send it in. Not gonna say what I told him but FU! So now I haave a new sealed inn the box Spark again. Got back to town and speent the rest of our final evening with our family. I'm really ttired of this nonsense. My P3SE is a dream to work and fly, weent tthrouggh 4 batteries today on it. Can't wait to see all the video. Spark? I really don't know whaat the heck to do. HELP????!!!!!

Does anyone look at their flight logs? it's how you understand the problems you get. I expect both of you have a phone or tablet issue.
Always wait for the GPS to confirm it's position before flying off ie check the map not just the image. Update the firmware and app regularly as most bugs get fixed.
I have lost a Spark and it was my fault not the aircraft. Mostly this is the story.

Hi,
I've seen some nightmare posts on here before and today was my nightmare. I hadn't flown my Spark in a few weeks and when I did at first the compass malfunctioned. I calibrated it and the spark started working again. After flying nearby for a battery charge I put in a new battery and took off again.
I then started flying it over the San Francisco Bay and suddenly I lost all connection to the drone. I looked at my controller to see what was up and noticed it was not connected (light was red). By the time I looked up the drone was nowhere to be found.
The drone never returned home and now I assume it's swimming with the fishes. What can I do to show DJI it is not my fault?
This is the first time I had flown since the most recent app update and I approved DJI tracking my GPS data. I was connected my wifi on an up to date iPhone 7 and using the controller. I have flown these same flight paths before without issue.
I am pretty upset, but willing to hold on judgement before I get a response from them. Any advice or help is appreciated.
Thanks!View attachment 5162
You have to be persistent with DJI. I'm still wrestling with them for a refund for a defective Spark, new, less than an hour of flight time, flew away.. When you push hard, they'll start to pay attention. Don't let them off the hook.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502