Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My top 5 must haves for Spark

My only must-haves are:

-Batteries, the more the better
-A freshly rebooted phone/tablet
-Controller
-Antenna booster
-Case

I hand launch and grab the bottom back of it and pull down on the stick to land. That way no dirt in the motors or copter.

The nice thing about that bucket is that it can serve three purposes: carry your drone gear inside (padded properly), launchpad for drone and a nice seat to use while flying.
NB

Funny you mentioned a seat.Here's a post I made last year about my bucket. The last picture is me seated on the bucket.

Over the years the ND filters have become # 1 for me for all my drones, slowing that shutter speed down and also getting the exposure correct is paramount. Agree the OTG and a case (as small as possible) is a must, and of course several batteries. Good Stuff.

Have to wonder if the battery issues are just operator error. Maybe the battery was not snapped in properly?

That's probably a lot of times they have fallen off.

But DJI did redesign them because of the issue of them popping off.

The only harm is in perpetuating the myth that properly locked batteries commonly just fall out.

yeah. all those people who had it happen to them must have been imagining it. :rolleyes:

my accessories:

Polarpro ND filters - not essential, but useful if trying to capture decent photos into sun glare
battery bra - because a $2 piece of plastic means I don't have to worry
PGYTech gimbal cover for storage and transport
Polarpro phone mount - don't have the take my phone out of its case to fly
PGYTech hard case
spare props
magnetic tipped charge cable for RC to save wear on the USB port
USB SD card reader

yeah. all those people who had it happen to them must have been imagining it. :rolleyes:

my accessories:

Polarpro ND filters - not essential, but useful if trying to capture decent photos into sun glare
battery bra - because a $2 piece of plastic means I don't have to worry
PGYTech gimbal cover for storage and transport
Polarpro phone mount - don't have the take my phone out of its case to fly
PGYTech hard case
spare props
magnetic tipped charge cable for RC to save wear on the USB port
USB SD card reader

I didn't say anybody "imagined" their batteries fell out --- that's ludicrous. I simply stated they just failed to insert them properly. Properly inserted batteries don't magically fall out :rolleyes:

Still keep hearing about incidents of the battery falling out mid-flight, which makes one of these a must-have.
Some people also use rubber bands and O-rings as battery retainer.

View attachment 9177
It happened to me. Luckily it was only 12 feet off the ground. However it still ruined my spark. And while DJI tried to fix it, I haven’t had great luck with repairs. Sent my mavic pro in twice and it’s still not right. Spark twice. And it’s not 100%. The battery holder is a must have

I didn't say anybody "imagined" their batteries fell out --- that's ludicrous. I simply stated they just failed to insert them properly. Properly inserted batteries don't magically fall out :rolleyes:
Lol. You should research the defect with the battery latches. if The latches are defective but you don’t know it and the battery clicks in then as far as you know they ARE properly inserted. Unless you can predict when a latch will fail (and it will, just a matter of time) then you’d be wise to invest in the holder.

Lol. You should research the defect with the battery latches. if The latches are defective but you don’t know it and the battery clicks in then as far as you know they ARE properly inserted. Unless you can predict when a latch will fail (and it will, just a matter of time) then you’d be wise to invest in the holder.

I am very familiar with the differences between the first and second generation battery clips. It is quite easy to determine which ones you have. This is an avoidable "problem" . Lots of threads of you search this Forum.

The primary source of wear and tear on the latches is during improper removal. Failure to completely disengage the latches during removal wears the plastic notch and over stresses the springs. This is also easy to avoid but often ignored.

It's not a perfect design but ultimately the pilot is responsible for proper care, maintenance and inspection of his aircraft. But if you rather not -- that's what the clip is for.

SPARK PROBLEM
Brand new spark drone with controller and all the associated equipment. I have connected to my Wi-Fi and now trying to fly it. It does everything it's supposed to do on take off but will only go to about 5 feet off the ground pressing themi to try to go higher or side-to-side nothing works. the only way I can get it down on the ground press to return the home button. What do I need to do or what am I missing and please I've seen the huge job with other message that I don't want to do. Is there a quick fix. Yes I have changed my height restriction to 400 agl. Then after going through the menus and returning to max altitude it wont let me change the altitude which now contains a zero. I connect through my wifi. I'm doing everything the manual says to do but the altitude keeps changing back to zero help

SPARK PROBLEM
Brand new spark drone with controller and all the associated equipment. I have connected to my Wi-Fi and now trying to fly it. It does everything it's supposed to do on take off but will only go to about 5 feet off the ground pressing themi to try to go higher or side-to-side nothing works. the only way I can get it down on the ground press to return the home button. What do I need to do or what am I missing and please I've seen the huge job with other message that I don't want to do. Is there a quick fix. Yes I have changed my height restriction to 400 agl. Then after going through the menus and returning to max altitude it wont let me change the altitude which now contains a zero. I connect through my wifi. I'm doing everything the manual says to do but the altitude keeps changing back to zero help

I see this is your first post so just a friendly FYI

This is a different topic and you should start a new thread. You will get more responses and don't need to hijack this conversation.

There's an easy fix BTW

Are you referring to the longer clips as the redesign? I have 3 batteries, one of them has the shorter clips, similar to the BAD picture below.

View attachment 9210

Yes. But there's nothing bad about them if properly used. But the new design is better.

What Andre Levite said in his post is correct.

I have nine batteries of the old style and I pay close attention to the removal and insertion of the batteries. It's something you learn.

March 17, 2019 111957 AM EDT.jpg

I do the plug and tug on each battery and all is well on the ground but I don't know what's going to happen up there.
Probably nothing but a good flight as I constantly check stuff when flying.

But I admit, I do use an O ring JIC the parts of the latch mechanism may fail in my future of flying as the battery may wear over time with constant changes. Honestly I don't think they will fail but an O ring is cheaper than a new Spark so why not have a backup plan?

My first 3 batteries are coming up on two years of flying and the latches appear to be wearing and holding well because of the extra attention given to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme