Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My way of getting rid of NFZ

Playthru

Join
Dec 31, 2017
When I did not want to drive a bit to get out of the NFZ and just use my backyard and a school with a big field down the street.
I bought a yuneec breeze with controller new at Walmart for $149.
It is not as good as my Mavic Air or spark but it’s not bad the camera and video is decent and fun to play around with.
The distance is limited but that is a good thing when your in a NFZ

I was close to buying one of these, they look really a good drone definitely for the price

The drone will start and I am flying in my back yard with only being ten feet off the ground at the most
I don’t see a problem here as I’m not going any distance very low height so It affects no one.
Dji is the one who did the NFZ in there software,I am not breaking any laws flying like this as I am also a few miles from the airport.

I'm with you, it should not be a big deal and it should be allowed for something simple like this but I don't think that's what the rules are for takeoffs inside a NFZ. Fly safe.

Actually The dji app tells me to fly safe in my zone but the motors won’t start on my spark or Mavic Air.
Like I posted I’m staying in a confined area and really stay about head high.
I can’t see that I am violating anything as long as I stick to what I am doing and don’t push it.
I just don’t want to drive every time I want to fly but I’ll admit its boring to fly this way but for now I will take it.

Reactions: Rafa7
When I had my P2v, the NFZ was the closer to an airport, the lower you would fly. I feel that if you are a ways away from an airport, you should be able to fly a hundred feet high or so depending how far away you are. After all, the jet isn’t going to be 50 feet high. And, I also feel that below 400 feet should be for us and above, for them when outside the zone.

Just for clarity. You are in a NFZ. The DJI app just happens to be helpful enough to let you know that. Without permission or pre notification it is illegal to fly anything in that area. Flying low is kind of like saying well I didn't see the 25 mph speed limit sign and I'm just driving a little motor scooter so it is ok to go 40 mph. Now to your point, I don't think you are going to get caught, but if you want to fly your spark at the same altitude you are flying your hardware store special you are following the same logic and likely no more likely to get caught.

Fly safely.

I don’t fly NFZ. I live in Central Arizona.. Many other places to fly. I was saying about dji’s NFZ before the FEDs got involved. I believe if you are a distance from the airport, you should be able to fly 50 or 100 feet.

So my drone is a “hardware store special”then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Depends on the weight. If it’s heavy enough then you should have the permit and know where to fly.

I guess I didn't explain very well. As the person above says, if it weighs over 8 ozs. and it flies it is regulated by the FAA.

QUOTE="HoboDan, post: 38316, member: 1058"]Depends on the weight. If it’s heavy enough then you should have the permit and know where to fly.[/QUOTE]

Unless I’m wrong you don’t have to register everydrone you have just have the registration number you paid the five bucks for on your drone and that should cover all your drones.

Unless I’m wrong you don’t have to register everydrone you have just have the registration number you paid the five bucks for on your drone and that should cover all your drones.
Exactly. The registration covers all your drones. AND so do the regulations.

It’s strange that I am being chastised a bit to fly at about head high in a small back yard a few miles from a airport but there are plenty of posts and videos of people flying losing LOS on there drone.

It’s strange that I am being chastised a bit to fly at about head high in a small back yard a few miles from a airport but there are plenty of posts and videos of people flying losing LOS on there drone.
Have you looked into unlocking your NFZ through DJI? DJI - Fly Safe
Could be a few clicks, might take some paperwork, might be rejected. Could be worth a shot though.

Reactions: Tilak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast