Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mysterious drone incursions at nuclear plant

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
I find it incredulous that incidents such as the one linked below get the response from the "authorities", especially in light of their stated reasons for the absolute necessity for Remote ID of civilian drones used for recreation. Knowledgeable drone pilots already know of the sites to avoid (prisons, nuclear power plants, airfields, etc.), but whoever is responsible for the drone swarm over a couple of nights last September over the Palo Alto nuclear plant didn't seem to care.

Even more disturbing is the attitude of the people to which the reports were submitted. Seems they were more annoyed by calls in the middle of the night than they were the security implications and, again, the powers-that-be were admittedly powerless to do anything about it. Another long read, but the FAA, NSA, NRA and others have shown the divide between writing regulations and implementing them.

Drone incursions at Palo Alto

I thought it was funny while reading the article about the mysterious drones around a nuclear facility that one of the "Pop-Up" ads in the story was for a Anti-Drone defense system.

Screenshot_20200801-123755.png

LMAO.

The ad is placed above a map of the facility. ?

Maybe Palo Alto should hire them.

Reactions: RotorWash
I find it incredulous that incidents such as the one linked below get the response from the "authorities", especially in light of their stated reasons for the absolute necessity for Remote ID of civilian drones used for recreation. Knowledgeable drone pilots already know of the sites to avoid (prisons, nuclear power plants, airfields, etc.), but whoever is responsible for the drone swarm over a couple of nights last September over the Palo Alto nuclear plant didn't seem to care.

Even more disturbing is the attitude of the people to which the reports were submitted. Seems they were more annoyed by calls in the middle of the night than they were the security implications and, again, the powers-that-be were admittedly powerless to do anything about it. Another long read, but the FAA, NSA, NRA and others have shown the divide between writing regulations and implementing them.

Drone incursions at Palo Alto
Thanks for sharing this I B Spectre, interesting read. I'm still scratching my head on this. In one of the videos I seen, in regards to the Colorado incident, I got the impression the craft were fixed wing, maybe something similar to this:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast