Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

nerves of steel - NOT

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
found out today I haven't got nerves of steel!

It was very cold out but I had cabin fever and just to get out and do some flying with my Spark... (cold enough to kill my iphone battery, with the drone high above)

The landmarks for today were two landmark bridges local to me.
The first is a mass of steel and I had video drop outs from the off. These made me wary of flying across the river to get the money shot video.
As I say my nerves prevented me from doing much except a vertical climb for the videos.

The second bridge wasn't so bad for video signal drop outs but the cold, killing my phone battery, caused me to press RTH to get the Spark down and landed.

I do think the cold affected me as well so maybe I did things ok, maybe...

-anyway, video link on its way (in the photo and video area) later...

found out today I haven't got nerves of steel!

It was very cold out but I had cabin fever and just to get out and do some flying with my Spark... (cold enough to kill my iphone battery, with the drone high above)

The landmarks for today were two landmark bridges local to me.
The first is a mass of steel and I had video drop outs from the off. These made me wary of flying across the river to get the money shot video.
As I say my nerves prevented me from doing much except a vertical climb for the videos.

The second bridge wasn't so bad for video signal drop outs but the cold, killing my phone battery, caused me to press RTH to get the Spark down and landed.

I do think the cold affected me as well so maybe I did things ok, maybe...

-anyway, video link on its way (in the photo and video area) later...

Forget the nerves of steel bit - you used your head and still have your Spark. Your vid came out fine, although you must have had another camera since I saw a zoom factor when the transport went across to the other side.

Jake

Reactions: BrianP
Forget the nerves of steel bit - you used your head and still have your Spark. Your vid came out fine, although you must have had another camera since I saw a zoom factor when the transport went across to the other side.

Jake
Cheers Jake!
Yep, my trusty Sony HDR CX405 was in action as well as the Spark.

I reckon it’s the cold. I went out yesterday and did a small flight over the river Don near Doncaster. My fingers were freezing and it made me feel much less confident than usual.

Reactions: BrianP
I reckon it’s the cold. I went out yesterday and did a small flight over the river Don near Doncaster. My fingers were freezing and it made me feel much less confident than usual.

phew... cheers for that!
I'm tempted again today with another landmark...

May I introduce your cold fingers to the best invention ever for outdoor photography? Fingerless mitten gloves:

img-thing

Keeps your hands warm, but can still use a tablet. Flip the mitts over your fingers between flights! I've used them for years for photography and outdoor work.

OP, I think you made the right choice to land Sparkie. I'd not have the guts to fly near a big steel bridge either.

May I introduce your cold fingers to the best invention ever for outdoor photography? Fingerless mitten gloves:

img-thing

Keeps your hands warm, but can still use a tablet. Flip the mitts over your fingers between flights! I've used them for years for photography and outdoor work.

OP, I think you made the right choice to land Sparkie. I'd not have the guts to fly near a big steel bridge either.

thumbs up!

img-thing

Where can I get some?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni