Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Canadian Regulations to be Announced Today

So I had a look at how to take the exam and it seems you have to sign up for some security stuff which appears to be broken and complex. What fun!

It’s simple to sign up I have had the GC-Key for years as I work in the firearms industry here in Canada all you need is make, model, serial number, date of purchase, and method of payment.

Canso can you tell me were i can get info on what to study ? Is there a drone flight manual or something ?

not Sure were to find all the info but I just googled during the test.
01 air law, air traffic rules and procedures.
02 RPAS airframes, power, propulsion and systems
03 human factors
04 meteorology
05 navigation
06 flight operations
07 theory of flight
08 radio telephony

Half the test was about 01 most of the other categories were 3 or 4 questions.
I was surprised how much was about piloting manned aircraft. How little about UAV

Good to know, sounds like it wasn't too bad then. I want to take it and 90 minutes should be more than enough time to google your answers so. I'll give it a go in a month.

Well, from the sounds of what you guys are saying, the test doesn't sound terribly difficult. I'll do some homework and try it in the not too distant future.

after finishing all the questions with the help of google, I had about 35mins left to go back threw the test, and research some of the questions I struggled with.
you have a count down timer so no need to rush.

So I started a thread over at DJI on this topic too, seems that visitors to Canada are going to have to register for a special certificate, there is some noise about that now, however, I pointed out that we must register with the FAA when wanting to fly in the US, so it does not seem all that unfair to me... Its a basic fact of life these days that governments are going to infringe upon this hobby/sport/enterprise more and more. Sad but true. At least we are not banned.

Here's some reading , hearing on Facebook that the test is not so easy and lots of people are failing the test. 65 % is needed to pass the basic test .

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng...gUDi4JxOTOvIWYGSfw-An7x2xkxS1nftWrABVzNmpYZGk

and more

Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 153, Number 1: Regulations Amending the Canadian Aviation Regulations (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems)
well i hope you can pass
i don"t know because i am not in Canada but i read about it because it is good to know

Reactions: Poletramp
So I started a thread over at DJI on this topic too, seems that visitors to Canada are going to have to register for a special certificate, there is some noise about that now, however, I pointed out that we must register with the FAA when wanting to fly in the US, so it does not seem all that unfair to me... Its a basic fact of life these days that governments are going to infringe upon this hobby/sport/enterprise more and more. Sad but true. At least we are not banned.

I think the gripes concern the facts that the FAA doesn't require the same amount of paperwork. I looked at the FAA site and didn't see anything that would require a visitor to fly under the Part 107 rules. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) Transport Canada has visitors jumping through more hoops and paperwork requirements.... For visitors flying in Canada, basically there's no division between hobbyist and commercial.

Looking at the paperwork, the requirements for the SFOC for a visitor flying non-commercially are onerous for a short time visitor.

Yes, flying is not banned. I live in Canada 5+ months a year, so will jump through the hoops. I understand that I have to abide by the laws that are established by the country I'm visiting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme