Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New IOS Apple user transitioning from ANDROID.....

rhettduke

Join
Oct 16, 2018
well all I bought my first Apple product last week, I only owned androids so even with declining vision I could get by.

The new device is iPad gen 6 cellular and activated. IOS 12

Most things I’m learning by doing but there has been one question I can’t seem to find an answer on.

I am not sure how to disable an app within IOS 12.

I would like to put litchii on it along with Go4.

My research leads me to believe the procedure for stopping apps changed from IOS 11

Does anyone have a link or advice for me ?

I have flown via Go 4 on my Pantom 4 Pro V 2 and have no complaints.

Will fly Spark tomorrow.

Looking forward to Litchi though

Really my only complaint was buying a separate license for IOS......but that’s not a biggie......Litchi has been a great help on Android.

Swipe up from the bottom toward the center of the screen and then lift your finger off the screen. The view will change to show all apps currently in memory. You can scroll toward the left to see all apps. To kill an app touch it and give a quick swipe up (like you are flicking it off of the screen) and it will be gone. You can also switch apps by just touching it. Touch the screen background to go out of this mode. The new IOS also introduced swiping down from the upper right corner toward the center which will present the control center.

Thank You Sir
I believe I can follow your detailed instructions.

Flying has changed my view of many things in the past 3-4 months.

Lack of experience at ground level can kill you......

Lack of experience at higher altitudes almost guarantees a fatal outcome.

That said I am still in awe at things I see inside my neighborhood ......most seen before from the ground....

From the air just can’t be described until you have experienced it.

It seems crazy that places I’ve been to on vacation in years past are popping up in my mind again.....

I want to go to a lot of them to see as the feathered birds do.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!

Reactions: Indy Pilot
well all I bought my first Apple product last week, I only owned androids so even with declining vision I could get by.

The new device is iPad gen 6 cellular and activated. IOS 12

Most things I’m learning by doing but there has been one question I can’t seem to find an answer on.

I am not sure how to disable an app within IOS 12.

I would like to put litchii on it along with Go4.

My research leads me to believe the procedure for stopping apps changed from IOS 11

Does anyone have a link or advice for me ?

I have flown via Go 4 on my Pantom 4 Pro V 2 and have no complaints.

Will fly Spark tomorrow.

Looking forward to Litchi though

Really my only complaint was buying a separate license for IOS......but that’s not a biggie......Litchi has been a great help on Android.

You can still quick background apps on iPad the "old way" too... double-click the home button to bring up app switcher. Then just touch any app and flick it towards top of screen to kill the process.

You can still quick background apps on iPad the "old way" too... double-click the home button to bring up app switcher. Then just touch any app and flick it towards top of screen to kill the process.
Oh yeah - forgot about that one...

This is the only option for apps installed by and part of the iOS. Works fine as in Apple products memory is freed immediately when you quit an app.
I’ve been working with Apple since the days of Macintosh and still have my functioning Apple IIe (1979 build).... sorry to digress.

Reactions: McCloudSpark
This is the only option for apps installed by and part of the iOS. Works fine as in Apple products memory is freed immediately when you quit an app.
I’ve been working with Apple since the days of Macintosh and still have my functioning Apple IIe (1979 build).... sorry to digress.
Back in those days I had a Commodore Amiga! Could not believe how wonderful the graphics and sound were :rolleyes:

Guys I appreciate the good advice.
As life would have it ....am stuck in grown up mode ....no chance to fly....maybe tomorrow....

No complaints.....if the truth be known I may be guilty of playing on several days I should have been working.......I know that’s unacceptable behavior....

I did find some old family pics today.....one was Christmas of 75 or so.....

I got a Cox airplane that had a string best I remember.....the only electronics was the glow plug or such.

I rem my dad starting it.....seems like there was a spring and twisting the prop into it.....it was inside and loud......

I wasn’t really scared of it...just too loud

I’d like to see one of those rated for kids these days

if the truth be known I may be guilty of playing on several days I should have been working.......I know that’s unacceptable behavior....

But you have to stay home to recover from the "flew".

Ok, not too funny.

I remember the Cox planes and cars.

Enjoy your Spark. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe