Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New, New Update

bikemonster

Join
Jun 28, 2017
New DJI Go 4 update 4.1.9, released the 30th of August. This will make everyone happy who's still trying to install version 4.1.7. Don't know if this means there's a new firmware update for Spark, but it was mentioned for DJI Go. Improved notifications, bug fixes. Can't wait. More notifications

I realise this is an IOS thread but is there a versioning problem with the Android version in the play store?

Looking at the store with a Windows browser it states that DJI GO 4 was last updated on 30/8/17 (yesterday at time of writing). I forced this to download as the play app on my phone did not recognise an update existed, however when opening it on the phone the initial Terms and Conditions splash screen states that it is a 24th April Version and the About screen in DJI Go (once installed) states 4.1.5 ??

DJI for some reason do staged releases on android, so not everyone gets the new verison at the same time. You see the date the app was last updated even if you aren't being pushed the update yet.

Just tried it inside and it appears it's just an app update requiring no Spark firmware updates. However on powering up it requested that I connect to a network to update my no fly zone list. Beware.

Guys hi I updated or tried to update yesterday which was the 1st Sept and it never finished to the point where batteries ran out, I recharged and everything and powered back up and everything seemed to be OK, but I am a bit worried about flying it , has anyone else had this happen, it's not showing that an update exists anymore, but I am concerned that it may not have installed fully, any clues?

Guys hi I updated or tried to update yesterday which was the 1st Sept and it never finished to the point where batteries ran out, I recharged and everything and powered back up and everything seemed to be OK, but I am a bit worried about flying it , has anyone else had this happen, it's not showing that an update exists anymore, but I am concerned that it may not have installed fully, any clues?

Connect your Spark to a computer running Dji Assistant 2 then do firmware refresh.

All 3 batteries updated, took it out today no problems, only thing I kept getting on all 3 batteries was update fly zone, so I pressed ignore, otherwise flies lovely all I need now is another battery from Jessops and an ipad that will probably be currys :D

I'm having some strange things happening every time I update to the latest firmware. Example. When I used to bring the quad in to land it would stop at 4 feet then I would either except the land command or push the rc sticks down and in or out this would then land the quad and turn off the motors. However now if I come in to land it just drops straight to the floor and does not stop, it bounces off the floor. When it lands the props are still spinning very fast, so to stop the motors spinning I would normally just point the rc sticks down and in or down and out, but now instead of stopping the props it tries to tip over. Also in the old firmware when you grabbed the quad out the air and tilted it, the quad stopped the blades straight away. However now in the latest firmware they keep spinning. I have downgraded a number of times and when I do the quad flys great and acts as normal but as soon as the forced update is applied the problems start. Could doing the force FCC mod be causing the problem. I have also do a factory reset, downgraded and updated. I've even tried deleting the dig go 4 app and the dji assist 2 app and reinstalled. I've also tried updating from both inside the dji go 4 app and from the dji assistant 2 app. I don't know what else to try. For the time being I'm modifying the parameters to try and get the quad flying the way it once did. Before this update I was happy with the way my quad flew and I wouldn't have updated if it wasn't for the forced. Do you think dji are dji are secretly trying to break drones that have been modified in the past.

Any ideas / suggestions to what's going on. I don't want to break my quad and the way it is now, it's not very stable, I've had it tip over 4 or 5 times now, where this has never happened before.

Sorry guys for the long post.

I'm having some strange things happening every time I update to the latest firmware. Example. When I used to bring the quad in to land it would stop at 4 feet then I would either except the land command or push the rc sticks down and in or out this would then land the quad and turn off the motors. However now if I come in to land it just drops straight to the floor and does not stop, it bounces off the floor. When it lands the props are still spinning very fast, so to stop the motors spinning I would normally just point the rc sticks down and in or down and out, but now instead of stopping the props it tries to tip over. Also in the old firmware when you grabbed the quad out the air and tilted it, the quad stopped the blades straight away. However now in the latest firmware they keep spinning. I have downgraded a number of times and when I do the quad flys great and acts as normal but as soon as the forced update is applied the problems start. Could doing the force FCC mod be causing the problem. I have also do a factory reset, downgraded and updated. I've even tried deleting the dig go 4 app and the dji assist 2 app and reinstalled. I've also tried updating from both inside the dji go 4 app and from the dji assistant 2 app. I don't know what else to try. For the time being I'm modifying the parameters to try and get the quad flying the way it once did. Before this update I was happy with the way my quad flew and I wouldn't have updated if it wasn't for the forced. Do you think dji are dji are secretly trying to break drones that have been modified in the past.

Any ideas / suggestions to what's going on. I don't want to break my quad and the way it is now, it's not very stable, I've had it tip over 4 or 5 times now, where this has never happened before.

Sorry guys for the long post.

It happened to me too when i was struggle dealing with forced update. But now i'm happy with combination firmware AC .500 and modded v27 of Dji Go 4 version 4.1.4.

I think the application also affects the behavior of the aircraft because when i try to use Litchi with the sama AC firmware it feels kind of loose of braking performance. So i will stay with Dji Go 4 until i can figure out the solution.

It happened to me too when i was struggle dealing with forced update. But now i'm happy with combination firmware AC .500 and modded v27 of Dji Go 4 version 4.1.4.

I think the application also affects the behavior of the aircraft because when i try to use Litchi with the sama AC firmware it feels kind of loose of braking performance. So i will stay with Dji Go 4 until i can figure out the solution.

Thanks for your reply, at least it's not just me going mad.

Does anyone have a work around they can share besides rolling back the firmware.

Dji is very sneaky forcing this firmware on us like this.

Thanks for your reply, at least it's not just me going mad.

Does anyone have a work around they can share besides rolling back the firmware.

Dji is very sneaky forcing this firmware on us like this.
Sorry for you being in trouble, but that's the risk of using hacked software where you need to trust a third party.
They force it because of the safety risk of several Spark falling from the sky, that seems to be pretty clear in these days?
It is their duty as manufacturer to do it. They have also other duties toward us, that's clear too.

To the moderators: please do not delete such posts, even if against forum rules. They are so educative about potential side effects of using hacked/modded software/firmware.

The stopping of the motors when tilted is probably removed because some Sparks fell out of the sky when braking too fast in combination of high winds making them tilt. Also I believe you are to stop whe motors when landed by holding throttle down only. The CSC will probably tip it over.

The stopping of the motors when tilted is probably removed because some Sparks fell out of the sky when braking too fast in combination of high winds making them tilt. Also I believe you are to stop whe motors when landed by holding throttle down only. The CSC will probably tip it over.

I dot get why this wasn't disabled as a function that once the aircraft was in the air it could not be turned off by a certain tilt angle

Stopping motors when tilted more than X is as far as I understand meant as a "safety feature" for the palm launch/land, so that you can always get it to stop by flipping it.

On standard firmware .0600 it is still the same as before, the motors stop when tilted at 90°.

New DJI Go 4 update 4.1.9, released the 30th of August. This will make everyone happy who's still trying to install version 4.1.7. Don't know if this means there's a new firmware update for Spark, but it was mentioned for DJI Go. Improved notifications, bug fixes. Can't wait. More notifications
It would help if you were more descriptive with your title other than 'New New Update'. :rolleyes:
It would also help if you actually posted it in the correct section!

How about 'New DJi Go 4 update for IOS v4.1.9' for a title and post it in the Firmware & Software Discussion section?

That way members actually know what platform has been posted together with a version number. This makes the search function much easier for people and more reliable.

Reactions: Toegema and Kilrah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar