Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New One For Me

Dragonfly Joe

Join
Aug 31, 2019
Loc
Chicago, IL USA
So after the snow we got yesterday I wanted to get some Spark shots of the trees this morning. Everything was going fine, home point detected and I get a pop up on my screen saying:
FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS
Cannot take off Your aircraft has entered an Authorization Zone. Authorization Zone type:191028 Chicago POTUS Reissue.
Do you wish to apply for Self Unlocking to access this zone.”

I knowTrump was in Chicago on Monday of this week but it’s Friday. Curse you Trump. ?

Made Airspace Grounded Again.... <sorry all you GOPers, could not resist!>

So did you unlock?
Tried to but was unable due to not having a WiFi signal. I. could have made my cell a hot spot and signed in as I have in the past but this was going to be a quick 10 minute flight just to get some shots of the snow flocked trees.

I’m not upset about missing the shot Robin. I am sure that as generous as you are you’ll be happy to send some of snow down my way from your neck of the woods. ?

Reactions: RotorWash
TFRs can be a real pain because they can pop-up on short notice. It sounds like the POTUS TFR hadn't been lifted for you and that's puzzling, maybe someone forgot to cancel it. The military base I worked on in Jacksonville is a favorite place for the president and vice president to come in and out of. I was there over four administrations, but the current one was by far the most disruptive. We always got the usual clamp down from Secret Service ("stay off rooftops, away from open windows" etc) when the prime subjects were in transit, but I was working on a Saturday when Pence came in. When it came time to go home, Base Security wouldn't even let us walk out of our building, the main gate was secured for the motorcade and everyone on the base had to use the remaining gate which meant a massive traffic jam. Took me over an hour to get off base, normally 5 minutes tops. So glad to be away from all that.

I'm glad the PITA POTUS we have has "left the building". I got the Spark up in the air for a few minutes this morning without incident so I guess someone threw the switch. Way too windy to fly any amount of time but I wanted to know that I could. I would absolutely hate experiencing the security lockdown that you had to put up with in Jacksonville. Glad you're away from it too.

Reactions: I B Spectre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast