Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New rules for recreational flyers?

Drizzt90

Join
Aug 29, 2018
As far as I can tell with the new LAANC system that’s supposed to go live for recreational flyers today we also have to pass a knowledge test. I know I’m early and it’s the first day, but I can not find basically any info about what I’m supposed to study or where I can take the test. According to drone zone these are the new rules for me to fly:
Safety Guidance
To fly under The Exception for Recreational Flyers, you must:
  • Register your drone
  • Fly only for recreational purposes
  • Follow the safety guidelines of a community based organization
  • Keep your drone within the visual line of sight or use a visual observer
  • Give way and do not interfere with any manned aircraft
  • Get prior authorization before operating in controlled airspace
  • Fly at or below 400’ in uncontrolled airspace
  • Comply with all airspace restrictions
  • Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test

I googled the last point and all I could find was the 2017 remote pilot knowledge test guide. At the end it has suggested readings but I can’t find any of them. What I do find is super crazy lawyer gobbledygook.
I need guidance. Thank you for your time.

Ps. I did a quick scan to see if this was a recent post to not bother anyone and I did not see this addressed. I’m at work and couldn’t dive to deep.

I googled the last point and all I could find was the 2017 remote pilot knowledge test guide. At the end it has suggested readings but I can’t find any of them.
This test is not available yet.

I did a quick scan to see if this was a recent post to not bother anyone and I did not see this addressed
This thread contains more details on this topic:

Reactions: Drizzt90
this is getting rediculouse why next they will require you to get insurance and join the ama and a club.. ama wants 75 bucks a year clubs want 100 a year thanks uncle sam thanks stupid people who break the rules so us good people have to pay... thats the future of things next after that youll have to ask permission to fly the thing.. also folks dont bother to register its a scam uncle sam got millions in money from this its another money grab they dont need 5 dollars to issues a number to you.... next the price will go up... next youll have to pay to u nlock that day... to fly... or next youll have to buy a t ransmitter that tells other aircraft where you are.. its coming folks more rules

who here ever had a cop come up to you or someone and ask for your papers lol not me because no one cares.. so dont register if someone comllains and says im calling the cops just pack up and leave then come back later or a month later...its stupid it really is

next they will require you to get insurance and join the ama and a club
Nothing of the sort has ever been suggested by the FAA. I doubt either of these things will ever be required by law.

folks dont bother to register its a scam uncle sam got millions in money from this its another money grab they dont need 5 dollars to issues a number to you
This is not a wise suggestion. While I haven't heard of anyone getting fined for not registering, the fines are steep. You'll need deep pockets if you have to pay the price for not registering.

Reactions: Chicken Hawk
Nothing of the sort has ever been suggested by the FAA. I doubt either of these things will ever be required by law.

This is not a wise suggestion. While I haven't heard of anyone getting fined for not registering, the fines are steep. You'll need deep pockets if you have to pay the price for not registering.

people will do what they want.. no cop is going to activly seek out drone fliers they are to wide and far between.. in my town ive got me and a couple other guys and i hardly fly and they hardly fly so when is anyone going to come up to us prolly never so its not worth giving the government my 5 dollars.. whats next paying to live in the air space think about it you are 6 foot tall hight tax next.... its just a money grab people

not yet give it time when 5 more jerks decide to crash into cars and homes and they burn down fields and homes etc... then it will be... folks they want money they want you licensed... next will be riding a bicycle requires a registration fee etc.. stuff takes time because of idiots who screw it up for the rest of us you can thank trappy and black sheep they flew a copter at a campus and hit a guy from a mile away cruising though the halways at full speed.. its because of people like that that ruin it for us all.. i flew drones there called quad copters im tired of them being called drones btw thank the media for that scare monge tactics so they can fine and impost fees on us and pass legislation....
so anyway i owned a draganflyer it was 1000 dollars back in the late 90s some of the first lipos ever back then before we knew how to charge and people burnt their house down didnt know what 1 c is etc.. i owned one fly it and you neeeeeeever heard of it.. why you say now because dji thats why dji saw a way to profit and they made them dumbed down for anyone to fly just charge and fly go on 5 years later its catching on more morons buy... before you could fly your helicopter you had to know 72 mhz you had to know how to build one and fix it now its as simple as it breaks you buy a new one mentality this this and morons are the reason why you will see more stuff.. folks they lied to us said they would never ask us to do a test guess what 2 years later a test... so i dont belive anything they say anymore never did.. 2 more years from now they will make you fly in a club and have insurance and they will desginate fly zones meaning you cant fly at your home or a park or anywhere public.. so guess what you have to buy land yes few more years.. and they better not charge for this test... funny thing obama said they arent suppose and cant impose rules on us and he was right its illegal for the faa to make rules...

yet some how they are not sued they are guess why thank president trump the douch that he is.... why he made a friend think about it hes passing laws etc not because its good for the people its good for his porfolio when he gets out and his kids bank roll... obama stopped it he was a idiot and let in all the refugees but atleaset he had the sense to fully understand hey i have a right to do what i want with my drone cept do stupid ****

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef