Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New UK near miss [emoji26]

15,500 ft, at 380mph??

I'm all for chasing down bad drone pilots and such, but I'm not sure I could tell a small drone from anything else at 380mph! I'm betting this wasn't a drone, maybe one of those elusive plastic bags as reported by the FAA study...

Reactions: Spark 317
The plane already has a "Black Box" collecting data, seems like a high speed dash camera would help in identifying these reports.

I know some planes have cameras for the passengers to view the aircraft during flight.

3 miles high (15840ft/4828m)??? 350+mph (513fps/156m/s)??? Got to be Russian!!! Most if not all drones would find not enough air for the props to bite at that height and communication near impossible with legal kit. Now, a swan or a model aircraft with jet engines could give the pilot a nasty surprise! Let's have more accuracy in reporting with firm evidence and stop blaming anything unexplained on drone pilots who are easy meat for some ignorant journalists!

I hear that unfortunately there is no pictures of this “drone”.
The terminology seems to have changed, back in the 1970s an unidentifiable flying object was reported as a UFO (possibly aliens), now it called a drone!

The plane already has a "Black Box" collecting data, seems like a high speed dash camera would help in identifying these reports.

I know some planes have cameras for the passengers to view the aircraft during flight.
You would need a camera that could record at 600+ frames per second. Otherwise, it would just be a blurry dot that resembled no recognizable shape or accurate size. However, I definitely agree that this would probably be a good idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe