Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New update of dji app android...

I had 10 flights with 4.2.20 + OTG + S5 on airplane mode. I fly on 5.8 ghz FCC. No issues up to now.

I can see many of you going back to a previous version for a short time but, overall, I think the updates are for our benefit, for better performance. I can't see going back to old versions and staying on them for "stability." As with cell phones, all updates in electronic products make them constantly better and more secure over time. Stating any problems with an update in these forums helps the manufacturer, however, to correct any issues that pop up.

Having said no problems i retract it. I csn not use ' quickshot' at all. The customisable function buttons no longer work. With WiFi connection video timelag unacceptable and genrrally unusable.

I finally tried it.no problems. Flight about 500 meters away with no disconnects and controll worked fine. Is there any chance the mobile makes all the problems?

I finally tried it.no problems. Flight about 500 meters away with no disconnects and controll worked fine. Is there any chance the mobile makes all the problems?
And I had an a record of max speed!!!Screenshot_20180616-184020.jpg

Managed to try 2.20 yesterday. At first attempt, 2 continuous app crashes that made me very nervous. After that no problems at all flying all my 3 batteries. Flying with RC, OTG & FCC mode.

I got an otg and have so much trouble ;( why is that?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk
Make sure that your remote and phone are actually using the OTG cable. When I first got mine, I was still having connection problems until I realized that the remote was still using my phones wireless connection. Now, I put my phone in airplane mode, that way it's forced to use the cable.

Sent from my LG-H811 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Reactions: jmbsmt63
Fly with this new 4.2.20 on android.
Have done with and without otg...all worked as it should without problems...
RTH kicked in when losing signal or when I called it back home...

Got spark up the air last weekend. I had multiple app crashes about every 2 or 3 min that apart of braking my nerves & prevent me flying, also made me very but very anxious. I am back to ver 4.2.16. Sorry DJI, crappie update once again.

Last edited:
Was on the newest update. (4.2.20) Everything worked but a lot of bugs. Lost GPS twice, front sensor sensing things that weren't there. Got 800 feet away and lost connection. So I reverted back to 4.2.16, all problems gone.

Wish DJI would leave well enough alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit