Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Zealand GPS troubles

DroneDan

Join
Jan 5, 2018
Hi from Auckland, New Zealand
Have had my Spark for a month with 101 flights which none have had a full GPS lock.
Really enjoying the AC but would really like RTH back up and other functions suck as quick shot, actual flight data etc..
Have tried in many locations- isolated open fields, mountain tops, beaches etc.
Using wifi with rc and S8+ and getting no more than 11 satellites.
Any help for a newbie on the bottom of the planet would be much appreciated.

(Great forum/resource for new Spark owners with helpful experience on tap)

Hi from the capital of New Zealand,
There is a 'Trump' like fence just south of Auckland to stop all good things too far north.
No just joking. Welcome aboard. Have only been flying since August using an android cell phone and RC.. Up graded to a CrystalSky 5.5 a month ago. I usually get 14+ satellites ( will sent a couple north to you).
Have had a couple 'magnetic' alerts at take off. Moved about a couple of meters and tried again... problem solved.
Flight details should be in the phone. Load DJI GO 4 APPLICATION. Screen shows ENTER DEVICE and bottom right corner ME. TOUCH ME to show FLIGHT RECORD. Flight records should show.
Look forward to further contacts

Awesome my Wellingtonion Mr Wobble friend.
I have done all of the above (excluding a Trump NFZ) and no luck. Guess I am looking for a Jaffa to do firm but I believe I need to return the product as still cannot lock GPS.
Hope you enjoy your spark even in the windest city in the world. Thanks Mr Wobble

There is a DJI shop in Auckland.
DJI Authorised Retail Store
96 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland 102
DJI Authorised Retail Store
For sales enquiries, call 0800 787 623 or 09 216 5386 or email us at [email protected]
Ferntech NZ Ltd

Might be worth a try.
270 flights in 5 months in the windest city ... brilliant drone or not the windest city. Lovely sunshine here compared to wet Awkland.
Hope you get your drone to fly as it should.
THE WOMBLE

Thanks The Wobble! Appreciated.
Happy fights and I know Wellington has some great footage/photo spots that would always be good to have a different perspective of.

Reactions: THE WOMBLE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis