Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

NFZ Override

Nickyd

Join
Feb 24, 2018
My flying club is based on a disused airstrip which runs parallel to an active airstrip. We communicate with the tower to organise our flying times.

Unfortunately this is obviously a designated NFZ.

I would like a hassle free (not formally requesting) method to go and fly when I like.

Ive read some older threads that say the only way of disabling the NFZ is by a firmware upgrade.

Is this still the case or do we have some Modded software thatll work?
Is Litchi software an option or something similar.
Cheers

I took my Spark to Myrtle Beach last Oct. Was just inside the NFZ. Had the warning box come up. I just hit the X and closed out the box. Have you tried that?

Other than that, doesn't sound like you can "just go fly whenever you like" at the flying club, as there is already a precedence in place to contact the tower. And you're not asking for permission to fly, you're simply informing them that you will be flying. Other than that, if you want to go fly "whenever you like", take a trip out to the country outside of the NFZ.

I didn't try the X .
Do you think this might cancel the warning and let me take off?
If so I'm sorted.
Thanks

I didn't try the X .
Do you think this might cancel the warning and let me take off?
If so I'm sorted.
Thanks

Yeah, I think it will. I had two questions I was trying to answer and the box wouldn't accept my answers. I finally hit the X and wha-la, it went away and I was able to fly. I didn't feel too comfortable flying so I stayed close to the beach and kept my flights short.

I like to be able to fly spontaneous, so formal application would be a pain.

I've just discovered a site called NLD no limit drones who unlock the NFZ. Will have to try this...

I tried the x but I cannot get out of this as the message stays and tells me no take off.

I tried the x but I cannot get out of this as the message stays and tells me no take off.
I have the same problem and a place I went to last week with no problem changed and now I get the pop ups which block the screen.
I am able to fly though but the screen is blocked so it looks hopeless to have a remedy.

I cant even take off!! arghh

I cant even take off!! arghh

Did you try to get an unlock for the area? I did it 3 or 4 weeks ago in my town, it said "Can not take off" and a box talked about an Airport, and I was just 50 meters into the ATZ of the local airport. So I went to DJI's website in the unlock request section (DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography), gave all the info and my cell number, then went flying away and after less than 10 minutes I got the OK, so got back and was actually able to fly there, in the ATZ

That's ok for a one off, but I don't want the hassle every time I fly.
Not the solution I'm looking for, but thanks anyways.

Just for some comparison. I was able to close out the box last Oct '17, before any updates that killed OTG in android and whatever other updates came out since then to now.

Well I've just gone for the NLD firmware.
Will begin flight testing it as soon as weather clears up.

I like to be able to fly spontaneous, so formal application would be a pain.

I've just discovered a site called NLD no limit drones who unlock the NFZ. Will have to try this...
But you can get an unlock that lasts for 3 months. So I'm not seeing the issue with that at the location you mention in your OP.

But you can get an unlock that lasts for 3 months. So I'm not seeing the issue with that at the location you mention in your OP.
Can someone elaborate and does it also work on Cat E zones? Thanks.

Can someone elaborate and does it also work on Cat E zones? Thanks.
Click the link I posted in Post #5 above. If you have documentation that you have authorization to fly in a location, you submit that to DJI and they will evaluate it and can issue a custom unlocking.

DJI is committed to helping maintain safe airspace for all our users and the public. Our GEO System helps our customers make thoughtful flight decisions and prevent flight in locations that raise concerns. However, we understand that in some cases, a user may have special authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, such as at a busy airport or over a power plant. We are committed to working with our customers to enable authorized flight, so that the benefits of our technology can be fully realized. On this page, you can request Custom Unlocking. Submit your Custom Unlocking request well in advance, read all the instructions included on this page, and please note the following:
1. Custom Unlocking may disable certain autonomous features like waypoint navigation. Please plan to fly your equipment manually.
2. Forms of Authorization: Please submit to us documentation of your authorization to fly in the designated area. Examples of such documentation include but are not limited to a certificate of authorization, an operating license, a permit from a national aviation authority, a letter of agreement with an airport, a statement of work from a facility that has hired you for the operation, etc.
Forms of Identification: Please submit documentation that identifies your name. Examples of such documentation include but are not limited to a driver’s license, the front of a major credit card, a national or state identification card, a student ID card, etc.In preparation for your flight, please update your equipment’s firmware and DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app to the latest versions.
Please Plan Ahead: We will strive to process your request within five business days. If any part of your request is incomplete or missing, it will result in a delay.

So, let me get this straight. I fly with no cellular data. My devices don’t have it. And I noticed that it says click here to unlock, naturally when I click it says internet access required. You guys are saying even with internet access you can’t get it unlocked?

I can fly but have the big popup blocking my view.

So, let me get this straight. I fly with no cellular data. My devices don’t have it. And I noticed that it says click here to unlock, naturally when I click it says internet access required. You guys are saying even with internet access you can’t get it unlocked?

I can fly but have the big popup blocking my view.
If you are flying (or going to fly) in an area that requires authorization and you are not going to have internet access when you are at the site, then you need to do the authorization in advance via a computer when you DO have internet access. And then SYNC that authorization to your phone via the DJI Go 4 app.

Restricted areas are different.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Got it. So if you do have on-site access to the internet. You can get the authorization needed. If you don’t, u do it in advance.
As far RESTRICTED areas, I don’t do those under any circumstances.
Thx,for clearing that up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert