Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

NFZ wil i have an issue flying by mY HOUSE

mg1000

Join
Sep 19, 2017
i wanted to purxhase the spark or mavic pro but i live in nyc. there are a few aiports around me. ( 4.8 miles is the closest 1 airport ) will drone actually let me fly. & if so shoukd i worry bout have bad have bad interference out in nyc. i jus domt wanna waste my $$ & or keep flying from the 1 model plane airfield out here. thanx

***want to upload pics but idk how. if sum1 can help.me with that as well id apprsciate it. jus trying to get a definitive answer from guys who know thanx again

If you are within 5 miles of an airport (but not next to one), you can call to notify them of your intentions to fly, for how long and where. Check the FAA website for more info.

Lots of people fly in NYC with few interference issues if you fly in open areas like an approved park.

You may drag & drop images into the type field and it will upload. Moves should be hosted on sites like Youtube or Vimeo.

FYI according to the latest FAA rules, for consumer use you can just make a "mutually-agreed upon operating procedure" with airports within 5 miles so you don't have to call every time you fly. I did this with an airport near my home.

Fly for Fun under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft
model aircraft operators flying from a permanent location within 5 miles of an airport should establish a mutually-agreed upon operating procedure with the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower [when an air traffic facility is located at the airport]

If you are within 5 miles of an airport (but not next to one), you can call to notify them of your intentions to fly, for how long and where. Check the FAA website for more info.

Lots of people fly in NYC with few interference issues if you fly in open areas like an approved park.

You may drag & drop images into the type field and it will upload. Moves should be hosted on sites like Youtube or Vimeo.
i still dont get how i can post pics in my replies or threads from my galaxy s8

what is a mutually agreed upon operating procedure?

It's where you and the airport/helipad operator come up with a plan to notify them you are up there. Some want to you call anytime you go up, some are fine with initial notification. You work out the details with them and you're good to go.

i still dont get how i can post pics in my replies or threads from my galaxy s8
You may have to save the pictures to your phone (not cached).
When you post, click the “Upload a file” tab and attach the picture.

It's where you and the airport/helipad operator come up with a plan to notify them you are up there. Some want to you call anytime you go up, some are fine with initial notification. You work out the details with them and you're good to go.
ok seems reasonable. thanx

ok these r pics i wanted to post with my initial.post so it woykd make ut easier for any1 that wanted to help me out could have a good idea of what i was talking about..**1st pic is on airmaps app. trump.is in towm so theres restrictions for next few days. 2nd & 3rd pic are from b4 u fly app
View media item 52

thanx again for info

what is a mutually agreed upon operating procedure?
"Mutually agreed" means both parties agree to whatever "operating procedure" you come up with. As was stated earlier, they may want you to call every time, or they may just tell you you're free to do whatever and don't need to bother calling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67