Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Night lights for Spark?

Jmc657

Join
Nov 27, 2019
Loc
US
Anyone have any suggestions for night lights that meet minimum FAA standards?

Concerned about buying something too heavy/big that would complicate flight on such a tiny craft.
Thanks!

I had a single strobe and recently bought a package of three ( white, red, green) of the dual strobes.

It has two leds that can flash, strobe, or remain on.

They are the best and can mount just about anywhere on the Spark with a good Velcro type fastener.

Just don't mount them on the bottom near the VPS camera, bad news as the strobe affects the VPS.

IMG_20200711_105545811~2.jpgIMG_20200711_105318868_HDR.jpgIMG_20200711_105411333.jpgIMG_20200711_105249527_HDR.jpg

They do meet the specifications for Part 107 night flights.

Happy shopping. :)

I can say that the lights that spark have are more than enough. One time I was fliyng in the night, the drone was 400m away and I was still able to see it due to the lights. So I dont reccomend you to use external lights.

I can say that the lights that spark have are more than enough.

But not compliant to the FAA.

Three mile visibility. ;)

The added lights are not necessarily meant for you to observe the Spark while flying, it's to let the low level manned aircraft flying around the area of your presence while Sparking around in the dark.

I had a single strobe and recently bought a package of three ( white, red, green) of the dual strobes.

It has two leds that can flash, strobe, or remain on.

They are the best and can mount just about anywhere on the Spark with a good Velcro type fastener.

Just don't mount them on the bottom near the VPS camera, bad news as the strobe affects the VPS.

View attachment 13132View attachment 13133View attachment 13134View attachment 13135

They do meet the specifications for Part 107 night flights.

Happy shopping. :)
Love the green props and see you have prop guards on to. I never go without. Is there room for a small overnight case should it all go horribly wrong?!!

Love the green props and see you have prop guards on to.

Thanks to Master Airscrew for the Green Props. :)

Since I moved over to my "bucket of fun" for the summer, the prop guards and the MAS props are attached and ready for a quick flight at a moments notice, weather permitting.

Is there room for a small overnight case should it all go horribly wrong?!!

So far with three years of flight, nothing has gone wrong except for pilot error. :rolleyes:

Even then, the Spark came home. ☺

Reactions: RotorWash
Thanks to Master Airscrew for the Green Props. :)

Since I moved over to my "bucket of fun" for the summer, the prop guards and the MAS props are attached and ready for a quick flight at a moments notice, weather permitting.

So far with three years of flight, nothing has gone wrong except for pilot error. :rolleyes:

Even then, the Spark came home. ☺
Very glad to hear it. Have the F1 Grand Prix on PIP as I type this but I’d rather be up in the air.

Anyone have any suggestions for night lights that meet minimum FAA standards?

Concerned about buying something too heavy/big that would complicate flight on such a tiny craft.
Thanks!
I have the Polar Pro strobe and I love it. It seems more finished than the other brands and comes with the mounting strap for use with any of my drones. No need for velcro or custom mounts.

Depending on your intent, lights may not be required by the FAA...although it is always prudent and wise to use them!! If you are flying under recreational rules, there is no requirement by the FAA to use auxiliary lighting. Again though I would highly recommend it both because you will be better able to see your Spark, and any aircraft in the area would see it as well. Use the strobes!

If you are licensed and flying under Part 107 rules, then you can only fly during civil twilight and not actually at night. During civil twilight the FAA regulations do require a strobe that has a minimum of 3-mile visibility. The Polar Pro meets this requirement as do the Firehouse units.

Have a unit of white Firehouse dual cree, like the set of Spark 317,
and use it for cloudy days. Easier to spot Sparky, less annoying
especially when we're flying in ATTI because it is cloudy.

Reactions: Spark 317
Thanks all for the responses. I’ll check out the Polar Pro and firehouse.

I am 107 and intend to fly during twilight; hence the need for lighting.Thanks for making sure we are all safe and following the rules!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex