Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No Audio with my video?

Digger0050

Join
Jun 2, 2019
I have the Spark and an iPhone XR and I recorded some video but I have not been able to get audio along with it and I am not sure who or how to do this? Could someone help me with the steps needed to get audio along with my video please?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Digger0050.

There is a setting in the Go4 app to record video cache along with an option to record audio as well.

Please note that the cache video should not be shared as it is poor quality, but the audio may be lifted from your device with a desktop computer and then add that to the footage from the SD card using movie making software.

There's no microphone on the Spark to record audio, that is from your device when flying.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Reactions: tomchipps
As Spark 317 said you can record with your phone such as background sound or some commentary. Needless to say if the spark itself had audio (microphone) all you would hear is roaring propellers.

Last edited:
I have the Spark and an iPhone XR and I recorded some video but I have not been able to get audio along with it and I am not sure who or how to do this? Could someone help me with the steps needed to get audio along with my video please?
on your iphone you can record the phone it self which will give you sound as it comes from the phone. now the video itself will not be as good as what is stred on flash card, and you would have to sync sound up with another tool in post production, but that is about it. Thats what you get. Besides you want to hear only the drone of the Spark? check out record phone capability on iphone help.

Off topic, I perferred the onboard audio of a home made drone carrying a sports cam onboard.
If anything went wrong and it came down, you could hear something change in the propeller/ motor sounds that could assist in crash assessment.

But yes, you can cache the mobile device audio, pull it out with your computer and rejoin in a video editor.

Thank you for all your replies. I am going to try and give it a try once the rain stops out here. Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef