Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No Fly Zone behavior has changed for the worse

LotusFan

Join
Jul 24, 2017
Hey, I live in an incorrectly marked NFZ, so I have to apply for little circles of space where I intend to fly.
(I send them a bitmap of the actual NFZ with each request.)

Anyhow, the algorithm used to be (before the latest Firmware update:
1. Is the drone in a NFZ? If not, then fly, else check if you have selected a n unlock zone and are within said zone.
Now, it is a bit different.
2. If an unlock zone is selected, is the drone within that zone? If not, you cannot fly, even if you are not in a NFZ!!!! Took me almost an hour to figure that one out. I used to leave the one around my house selected at all times. Now I have to explicitly deactivate it to fly in a safe area, where it should not even matter. If you have no unlock zone selected, then you can fly in a safe zone.

So, if you are being plagued with "NFZ cannot take off" messages, make sure you have unselected the last NFZ unlock zone you were using.

On this topic, has anyone found a way to name the unlock zones? Mine all say "Columbus, GA", so I have to guess which one is my house, the park, or the riverfront. Would be great to name them.

This is so crazy stupid. I bet there's no option for flying indoors, either -- one of the huge benefits of the Spark.

LotusFan:

How were you able to get temporarily authorization? I can't even get that to work for me. My Spark is a paperweight. I should have researched DJI problems before buying it. I'll be sticking with Yuneec drones because I don't have any problems with those whatsoever.

I have just returned mine for testing and evaluation. A slightly similar problem has affected mine - see

As I can move anywhere in the UK and get the same issue regardless of location it looks like some problem with the Spark. I will update as I hear anything

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef