Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No Map in Go4 app

Accutedd

Join
Jul 18, 2018
Hi . 1st post here. All going generally well except I cannot get the mapbox map with my Samsung J7 Sky pro android phone device to show . I am running the latest firmwares with RC and OTG cable. This dedicated device has the Sim card removed, so no data , etc. I did download offline maps but they are not showing up or activating the map. All I get is the radar screen. Also my verbal Home point notification is not relayed / updated. When I enable wifi within my house, the map shows up . Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

Tap the corner of the attitude (radar) screen and I think it will change to the map.

With larger displays like a tablet, both screens should show up.

I'm searching here in the forum for an answer. I'm getting the black box often now, having to restart everything more than once to finally get the map to appear. Please reply if you know where to see the resolution to this. Thanks.

Same here on Samsung S8 to get it to come back you have to back out then in again.

Not flying much. Still not getting a map. I get the announcement but no map. Will look further in the forum as no one posted anything here as to what to do.

If you are using a spare phone without cellular or data connection (like me) then the map won't display. It needs to be downloaded to your phone first before you fly. You can do that in the map settings under "download offline map". Also, many of us have been coached to put our phones into airplane mode if we are using the OTG cable. You must re-enable GPS on your phone under settings in order for the maps to display properly.

Hope that helps.

David

If you are using a spare phone without cellular or data connection (like me) then the map won't display. It needs to be downloaded to your phone first before you fly. You can do that in the map settings under "download offline map". Also, many of us have been coached to put our phones into airplane mode if we are using the OTG cable. You must re-enable GPS on your phone under settings in order for the maps to display properly.

Hope that helps.

David
Thank you for your reply. I am using a phone dedicated to the drones with a SIM card, online, not in Airplane mode. Guess I'll have to just continue trying things to isolate this issue. Not sure what is going on. This just suddenly started. No logic yet as sometimes it'll come right up, other times black screen for maps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme