Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No RTH notification

Pinthenet

Join
Mar 27, 2018
Loc
Aargau, Switzerland
I found 2 or 3 threads relating to this but there seemed to be no conclusive resolution.

I bought my Spark mid-March & installed the 4.2.8 app. When flying outdoors I got a 'home position' notification shortly after take-off, and I even used RTH a couple of times. I realised in the last week or so that I don't seem to get a notification anymore, probably since upgrading to 4.2.12 or 4.2.14 (I don't see 4.2.16). The GPS reception is good. The only other difference is that I switched to OTG after 4.2.14, but I assume RTH detection is done by the drone and not the app?

Is it the app version, OTG or something else? I've being doing shoort, low flights recently so RTH was never an issue, so I didn't really notice. How can I check if a home position is set (maybe I missed the nice voice and the green popup)?

I think checking your position should be on your preflight.

You click on the map in the bottom right corner, and confirm that it is where you are. You look at the red arrow, and confirm that the aircraft is pointing in the same direction ( one way to confirm that the compass is correct).

You can/should also click on the main controller settings and reset your home position, and while you are there, confirm/set a RTH Altitude based on the height of your current obstacles...

Just like for the Amex commercial, don’t leave the home point without doing theses steps!

IMG_1200.jpg

Checklist are a must for aircrafts. You see pilots using them all the time! That’s probably because the first rule in aviation is “what comes up, must come down”.

So here is one, as an example.

Understand that not everything on it works for you. Perhaps you want to remove some items. Perhaps, you would want to add some.

It does pay up to use one and increase the chances of a safe flight, therefore protecting your investment and property of others.

Have fun!

Actually, my original main concern was whether home detection wasn't working since one of the last two DJI Go app releases, but once I start using a pre-flight check I guess I can work that out myself

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast