Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Noob Question about Panos

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
So, watched a few vids on how it works, but one question remains unanswered in my noggin.... once the pano is complete, and the notification comes up as successful, do you have to save it whilst in the air, or can this wait until the bird has landed and you are free to take more in the same flight? Does the stitched hi res photo get stored on the SD card like the other photos/videos?

Thx

Reactions: Jo060
So, watched a few vids on how it works, but one question remains unanswered in my noggin.... once the pano is complete, and the notification comes up as successful, do you have to save it whilst in the air, or can this wait until the bird has landed and you are free to take more in the same flight? Does the stitched hi res photo get stored on the SD card like the other photos/videos?

Thx
I wait until the drone is on the ground before stiching photos together as the drone needs to be powered up and connected . I have done it while in flight but some times it seems to take a while to complete

Okay, thanks, you've both answered that for me well. So if the spark is powered off after the flight the data is not lost right? Lets suppose you've really gone to the limit in the air on the current battery.... you land but not enought juice left to do the stitching.... Can I install a fresh battery and continue stitching on the ground?

Okay, thanks, you've both answered that for me well. So if the spark is powered off after the flight the data is not lost right? Lets suppose you've really gone to the limit in the air on the current battery.... you land but not enought juice left to do the stitching.... Can I install a fresh battery and continue stitching on the ground?

All recorded on the MicroSD card.
Just attach the Spark to the computer and pull out the files like a flash drive.
Also, the un-stitched panoramas will be in a folder of the same name.
Just use ICE to put them together.

Only thing is, if the spark dies while recording, the data of the recording file will be corrupt.
Flight logs "stay" in the Spark for quite some time.
Not sure what the purge time on those are.

So I went up for two flights today, on the first one I should have gone higher, I was at a roadside park, was alone until the bird was 6 feet of the ground then some other cars rolled in.... one guy watched and said "cool"... that was it (my nerves were nervy all the same). I was not able to see my screen clearly enough (need sunshade) and ended up doing a spherical pano by accident, not really keen on those... Once I got home, I took it up again, there was NO wind, which is rare up here, it was getting late though. I have that video prepared, but my net up north is slow, so will upload Monday. Hoping to fly again weather permitting (we are supposed to get much needed rain). Will get the horizontal pano next time. Made it up higher than ever before, 275 feet. Attached is my house from that height.... and the halloween house across the road. Man I freakin' love this drone! Also attached is the weird pano. (Spark did the stitching, something amiss! )

DJI_0036.JPG

pano.jpg

All recorded on the MicroSD card.
Just attach the Spark to the computer and pull out the files like a flash drive.
Also, the un-stitched panoramas will be in a folder of the same name.
Just use ICE to put them together.

Only thing is, if the spark dies while recording, the data of the recording file will be corrupt.
Flight logs "stay" in the Spark for quite some time.
Not sure what the purge time on those are.

Thanks for the guidance.:cool:

So I went up for two flights today, on the first one I should have gone higher, I was at a roadside park, was alone until the bird was 6 feet of the ground then some other cars rolled in.... one guy watched and said "cool"... that was it (my nerves were nervy all the same). I was not able to see my screen clearly enough (need sunshade) and ended up doing a spherical pano by accident, not really keen on those... Once I got home, I took it up again, there was NO wind, which is rare up here, it was getting late though. I have that video prepared, but my net up north is slow, so will upload Monday. Hoping to fly again weather permitting (we are supposed to get much needed rain). Will get the horizontal pano next time. Made it up higher than ever before, 275 feet. Attached is my house from that height.... and the halloween house across the road. Man I freakin' love this drone! Also attached is the weird pano. (Spark did the stitching, something amiss! )

View attachment 5484

View attachment 5485

If that is a Spark stitch of the Sphere, it is spot on after saving.
Just make sure you save it to the phone and then transfer to a computer.
So how you get it back into a sphere? Two ways I have seen.
Upload to SkyPixel from the app (although I have seen them coming out flat as you see)
And, uploading to Facebook but with 2 property fields changed.

To change the properties that:
1) make sure you are working with a .jpg on a windows computer (don't know how on Mac)
2) If not, save as .jpg in Paint
3) right click the file to open the properties
4) Select the details tab and find camera maker
5) Change that to RICOH
6) Select Camera Model right below and change to RICOH THEA S
7) Apply, close and upload to FaceBook

Farcebook.... nope, dont do it. But thanks for the advice. If I get any more pano's happening it will only he the horizontals.... Thought I say that now, perhaps I will become captain sphereoid! o_Oo_O Crappy weather here today, dull, threatening rain and quite windy. Hoping for a better Sunday.

Reactions: pmshop
F4846EAC-7FDE-4F64-BEF9-13799D83042E.jpeg
Farcebook.... nope, dont do it. But thanks for the advice. If I get any more pano's happening it will only he the horizontals.... Thought I say that now, perhaps I will become captain sphereoid! o_Oo_O Crappy weather here today, dull, threatening rain and quite windy. Hoping for a better Sunday.
I installed the Theta+ app on my iPad, they don’t offer it for the iPad so I grabbed the iPhone version (free). I use it to make the sphere photo and save it back to my camera roll. If you save the pano just like you did above, then just open it in the theta app you can save it as a “small planet” photo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none