Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Number of locked sats?

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Morning guys. I seem, over here in Bristol, to suffer quite frequently from too few satellites locked to fly according to UAV. This is not always the case but as I like to fly in the afternoons (awful light I know) we seem to have had a bad patch over the last few weeks when we have fewer than the 12 locked most afternoons. Quick question-how many locked sats is a safe minimum-I have 12 set on the app?

Reactions: BrianP
I use the UAV app for reference myself but I let the Spark decide if it's safe to fly.

If the Go4 app see enough satellites to establish a Home Point, that's good enough for me. :)

I've never had an issue with the Kp index (solar activity) when flying either, even though the app said it's high and not advised.

I looked at my settings and I have my sat lock on 12 as well.

Screenshot_20210828-055106.png

I use the UAV app for reference myself but I let the Spark decide if it's safe to fly.

If the Go4 app see enough satellites to establish a Home Point, that's good enough for me. :)

I've never had an issue with the Kp index (solar activity) when flying either, even though the app said it's high and not advised.

View attachment 13874
Thanks Spark 317

View attachment 13874
Thanks Spark 317. As always very helpful.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Morning guys. I seem, over here in Bristol, to suffer quite frequently from too few satellites locked to fly according to UAV. This is not always the case but as I like to fly in the afternoons (awful light I know) we seem to have had a bad patch over the last few weeks when we have fewer than the 12 locked most afternoons. Quick question-how many locked sats is a safe minimum-I have 12 set on the app?
as said by others... I use UAV as a guide for a forecast/trend for certain times of the day but rely on Go4 app to get a GPS lock and then Goooooo!!!

Key is to ensure that the home point is correctly recorded before take off. Usually it takes a while after powering ON the aircraft at the time of the first flight for sufficient satellites to lock and get the home point recorded. I have noticed that subsequent flights after changing the battery do not require much time to record the home point.

Key is to ensure that the home point is correctly recorded before take off. Usually it takes a while after powering ON the aircraft at the time of the first flight for sufficient satellites to lock and get the home point recorded. I have noticed that subsequent flights after changing the battery do not require much time to record the home point.
good call!

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast