Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Oak Hill, Edegwater, New Smyrna Beach, Port Orange, Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Flager Beach (all in Florida)

Andrei

Join
Jan 4, 2019
Hi
I am a newbie to drones. Did some testing with the DJI Tello, and now my main drone is the DJI Spark. I am still trying to find nice location to shoot video/photos while which are not within 5 miles of an airport (almost impossible in the FL Atlantic coast). Would love to share my impressions/frustrations/doubts/locations with somebody else.
If you are interested, please reply here or send me a PM.
Cheers,
Andrei

I don't live in Florida. We all have the same challenges in finding locations. I recommend using Google Earth Pro (It's free), to scout out locations.

Better than Google, a lot ot people reccomends "AIRMAP", I use "UAV Forecast" (both on iOS, I think that they must be avaiable for android too). The last one shows you if it is good to fly (temperature, wind speed, visible satelites, etc) and has an option that shows you a map with fly/no fly zones. Airmap offers you the same map.

I'm from Argentina but past february (february 2018) I was on Hallandale (miami) and I flew on the beach with no problem. I went to fly at about 8:00/9:00 am so there were almost no one on the beach. I guess if you go on not crowded hours and don't fly over people, you'll have not mayor problems. The spark is a small drone so it doesn't catch much attention.

Good luck and fly safe

Reactions: Spark 317
Better than Google, a lot ot people reccomends "AIRMAP", I use "UAV Forecast" (both on iOS, I think that they must be avaiable for android too). The last one shows you if it is good to fly (temperature, wind speed, visible satelites, etc) and has an option that shows you a map with fly/no fly zones. Airmap offers you the same map.

I'm from Argentina but past february (february 2018) I was on Hallandale (miami) and I flew on the beach with no problem. I went to fly at about 8:00/9:00 am so there were almost no one on the beach. I guess if you go on not crowded hours and don't fly over people, you'll have not mayor problems. The spark is a small drone so it doesn't catch much attention.

Good luck and fly safe
you can use Airmap in conjunction with Google Earth Pro. Use Airmap to determine Fly zone than Google Earth Pro to find interesting spots within fly zone

Indeed, the ATC at NSB have been very friendly so far.
Where do you mostly fly?
Any good locations you could recommend?

If in Oak Hill head west on Maytown Rd there's plenty of open spaces.
In Ormond stay west of 95 and head out on SR 40. Plenty of open spaces, but don't fly in Ocala National Forest.

Reactions: Andrei
thanks for the suggestion!
yes, Maytown Rd seems to be open:
Selection_616.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme