Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Obstacle Avoidance Failure

Old Man Grizz

Join
Mar 10, 2018
First off, I’m 64 yrs old, and just learning electronics stuff as I go. I got my Spark a couple of weeks ago. Set it up perfectly, (following instructions).
I flew it about 12-15 times flawlessly. I’m very comfortable taking some cool pictures etc. Everything was working perfectly.
It seems as though the last forced update stopped my obstacle avoidance from working.
It still shows as being turned on and everything appears normal, but when I fly up to something to test it, nothing happens
I really would appreciate any ideas or advice, but if possible, please Dummy it down for a Real Beginner!
Thanks for all the Great info I have gotten through you folks.
I REALLY Love my Spark!!
Old Man Grizz

First off, I’m 64 yrs old, and just learning electronics stuff as I go. I got my Spark a couple of weeks ago. Set it up perfectly, (following instructions).
I flew it about 12-15 times flawlessly. I’m very comfortable taking some cool pictures etc. Everything was working perfectly.
It seems as though the last forced update stopped my obstacle avoidance from working.
It still shows as being turned on and everything appears normal, but when I fly up to something to test it, nothing happens
I really would appreciate any ideas or advice, but if possible, please Dummy it down for a Real Beginner!
Thanks for all the Great info I have gotten through you folks.
I REALLY Love my Spark!!
Old Man Grizz

Is the obstacle avoidance switch in the GO4 app turned on?

Is the obstacle avoidance switch in the GO4 app turned on?
In settings, the little slider is turned on and green. When I turn it off, it warns me that it’s not a great idea, so it’s on and green. Is there another place I need to turn it on too?
I fly with the controller, and a tablet.
Thanks!!

What object are you using to test it on?
What time of day?
Have you tried it with a different battery?
Different objects?
Questions I would ask myself...

What object are you using to test it on?
What time of day?
Have you tried it with a different battery?
Different objects?
Questions I would ask myself...

Howdy! And Thanks for your reply!
I tried it yesterday afternoon, nice sunny day, and again last evening. I flew up to a BIG wooden Horse Barn, a large sign, and my truck, No Go.
I have tried it with all 4 of my batteries, all fully charged. I have the feeling that I’m missing something obvious. It worked fine until Saturday, then I got an update, and nothing.
It’s not really a deal breaker for me, but It would be nice if it was working.
Again, Thanks for your input!

I would definitely agree with you there. Unfortunately, there is no other way to turn it on. Just make very sure the Sport Mode button is completely turned off. I remember that button not being in the OFF position on my controller once. It was half way. May not be much, but just be sure.
The only solution, if it continues not to work is using the Dji Desktop app to go back to an earlier update. From a trouble-shooting POV, It appears the only way to go at this time.
This based on your experiences before the last update.

I GOT IT!!!
I deleted the DJI4 app. Then reloaded it. Updated it as instructed, and PRESTO!!!
All is well again!
Thanks so much for all your help.
I really appreciate all your time..
Old Man Grizz

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Hi, after try the "gesture piloting" in dji go 4 (with controller on) i have the same problem : no front off obstacle and no landing "bip". All seem to be desactivated .
I try to change firmware, reset factory, uninstall dji go... no effect :(((
Could you help me plz ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh