Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

on Armistice Day...

Some people forget or may not know what Armistice Day is.

Here in the USA, it's Veterans Day.

Veterans Day occurs on November 11 every year in the United States in honor of the “eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918 that signaled the end of World War I, known as Armistice Day. ... Eisenhower officially changed the name of the holiday from Armistice Day to Veterans Day.

Thank you for posting Brian.

And a special thanks to the Veterans that have served around the world. ☮️

Some people forget or may not know what Armistice Day is.

Here in the USA, it's Veterans Day.

Veterans Day occurs on November 11 every year in the United States in honor of the “eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918 that signaled the end of World War I, known as Armistice Day. ... Eisenhower officially changed the name of the holiday from Armistice Day to Veterans Day.

Thank you for posting Brian.

And a special thanks to the Veterans that have served around the world. ☮️
Thank you Spark 317. I'll store that info now. I'm glad you like the post.

Reactions: Spark 317
When I was a kid I had models of both the Spitfire and the Hawker Hurricane. If I remember my history correctly the Hawker Hurricane was a faster, more powerful plane, but the Spitfire was more reliable. Does that sound correct?

When I was a kid I had models of both the Spitfire and the Hawker Hurricane. If I remember my history correctly the Hawker Hurricane was a faster, more powerful plane, but the Spitfire was more reliable. Does that sound correct?
I too owned and built scale models of the RAF planes that flew locally. I cannot comment on the rest of your post. I just wallow in my fav' planes of the 50's onward. The list is extensive and includes the Catalina, which I built many times in various colour schemes.
My memories are set in the concrete of time when, as a young boy, I would see Venoms, Vampires and Gloster Meteors flying over our house. In the 60's I was an avid fan of the Vee Bombers, Vulcan, Victor and Valiant. The thrill of seeing a Vulcan flying low will be forever etched in my memories... As an Air Cadet of the 60's I got to fly in lots of gliders and light aircraft and each summer camp would get to passenger in such planes as Shackletons... I better stop now... Thanks for Sparking off memories SoccerRef12

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme