Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

On BBC news online.

I might be a little concerned about this depending on how it's rolled out. Unless I'm not understanding the concept, if they program in a hard " you are within some restricted airspace or within some distance of an airport so the drone won't fly, doesn't that nullify the ability to get permission to fly or advising the local airport you are going to fly?

I might be a little concerned about this depending on how it's rolled out. Unless I'm not understanding the concept, if they program in a hard " you are within some restricted airspace or within some distance of an airport so the drone won't fly, doesn't that nullify the ability to get permission to fly or advising the local airport you are going to fly?
This exactly why I've done away with djis nannying and everyone who I know wants rid of it.

You can get a waiver for anything.

Speaking for the USA, I requested an unlock zone for a straight up, 251 ft flight that was located 1.36 miles away from McCarran's runway R19
Was going to film the Fountains at Bellagio.
Everything was A-OK to go with DJI and the flight - they actually unlocked me from Dec 25 through Jan 1.
FAA stopped me citing I needed to be part 107 licensed in the Las Vegas Class B airspace to fly...even as a hobbyist flight.

I also heard that once you get FAA Approval, DJI will even unlock "0" altitude blocks around an airport to include on the grounds of...with the proper permissions and planning of course.

Look at Aerial America some time.
All filmed by drones and occasionally they focus on massive airports in very close proximity - right over the runways.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme